Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Time to sell - has been poor throughout his time here, very rare glimpses of quality are no longer enough to keep his place in the squad.

I see little to no reason as to why he should remain. What does he bring to the party?

He won’t be involved much, so in everyone’s interests to let him go ! 

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Time to sell - has been poor throughout his time here, very rare glimpses of quality are no longer enough to keep his place in the squad.

I see little to no reason as to why he should remain. What does he bring to the party?

He won’t be involved much, so in everyone’s interests to let him go ! 

He'll probably still get like 20-25 starts.

He played fairly well today created some good opportunities.

And Emery obviously thinks he offers stuff otherwise he wouldn't have started every game he was fit last season. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me this place is horrible after a friendly. Basically the squad for the season seems to get decided by fans. Friendlies are for fitness for **** sake. I’m going bed. 

It's brutal. 

No one should be calling for his head after a 30 minute pre-season outing. 

However...

He should technically be the most up-to-speed out of everyone due to playing internationals...I don't think that came across. 

He trips himself and whiffs at the ball more than any player I've seen. It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb when you try and remember his overall contributions. 

The two through balls that hit him on the back both times fit with that too. They were infuriating as he would have been in on goal.

• Like 2

I’m not really talking about today - although I felt it was typical Bailey - flattering to deceive once more.

This squad is going places imo and he has shown little if anything during his time here, to suggest that he will do nothing more, than clutch at coat tails during this coming season.

Europe might just offer him a slight olive branch - but even this is looking less and less likely.

We are going to be taking a big hit on his transfer - so to me now is the right time to do this. He simply does not influence games anywhere near enough imo.

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

However...

He should technically be the most up-to-speed out of everyone due to playing internationals...I don't think that came across. 

He trips himself and whiffs at the ball more than any player I've seen. It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb when you try and remember his overall contributions. 

The two through balls that hit him on the back both times fit with that too. They were infuriating as he would have been in on goal.

I mean the first one Henry was level with him and they were handfighting. The 2nd one I agree was poor but he probably jist lost sight of it. He only just broke away from Henry and didn't have time to get his hearing in terms of where the ball would have been. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me this place is horrible after a friendly. Basically the squad for the season seems to get decided by fans. Friendlies are for fitness for **** sake. I’m going bed. 

Also, he joined up with the squad on Thursday and probably had 1 training session before today. lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Call me crazy but i didnt think bailey was that bad today, at all.

He wasn’t particularly good either though was he? And this sums up his tenure here totally.

He is not cutting it and in everyone’s interests it better that he moves on.

Bailey is one who had to hitting the ground sprinting this pre - season otherwise be cut loose.

I am not judging him on today - he is being judged on his time here overall 

No hard feelings - shake hands and walk away for me.

59 minutes ago, May-Z said:

However...

Let's be real, if he wasn't " out of favour " , alot of the little things he gets slated for wouldn't even be a " thing " .

It's almost as if people are waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can hit enter on a pre typed message in the send box.

He also did a couple of good things, which you will barely see get mentioned bar a couple of posters.

I do think, this goes for a couple of other players as well, in fairness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's be real, if he wasn't " out of favour " , alot of the little things he gets slated for wouldn't even be a " thing " .

It's almost as if people are waiting for him to make a mistake, so they can hit enter on a pre typed message in the send box.

He also did a couple of good things, which you will barely see get mentioned bar a couple of posters.

I do think, this goes for a couple of other players as well, in fairness.

The agenda and lack of support is pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

He wasn’t particularly good either though was he? And this sums up his tenure here totally.

Bailey is one who had to hitting the ground sprinting this pre - season otherwise be cut loose.

Yes and no, I do think it's a wider part of fan base impatience as well.

A player like Ollie for example, who has probably single handedly gained us half our points, has also been getting slaughtered for being slightly off it in a pre season game.

Granted, slightly different scenarios, but just making a point.

Even Archer I feel gets unreasonably written off for not being a world beater in sporadic cameos with disjointed, experimental teams.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I think we should give him until January.  Lets see how he does. If he is having a poor season then yeah it might be time to part ways. Im curious to see how does with diaby. 

But i just have a feeling he will have a better season this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we should give him until January.  Lets see how he does. If he is having a poor season then yeah it might be time to part ways. Im curious to see how does with diaby. 

But i just have a feeling he will have a better season this year

I have a feeling he will be here in January - so you’re suggestion is more than plausible - the downside I can see is that should this be the case, his value is likely to have decreased further 

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey will be an important squad player this season. Some of the reactionary nonsense that some people come out with after a 30minute pre-season cameo is embarrassing. 

I don’t think anyone is saying this - the truth of the matter is that today was a reflection of his time here in general - along with the realisation that he is one of several who simply put “ must be significantly better than last year”  or their time will be up.

Can you honestly tell me - he did anything today that suggests he has closed the gap to becoming anything other than a bit part player? 

Edited by ChesterDad

27 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I have a feeling he will be here in January - so you’re suggestion is more than plausible - the downside I can see is that should this be the case, his value is likely to have decreased further 

I dont think we will get much for him as it stands. We be lucky if we get half of what we paid. Better to keep him and see how he gets on

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think we will get much for him as it stands. We be lucky if we get half of what we paid. Better to keep him and see how he gets on

If he was available I reckon a club would spend about 20m on him. A lot of the fans writing him off did the same with McGinn and it it was up to them they would have sold him for about 10m. Dougie too. 

Some people just can’t see talent until it slaps them in the face. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â