Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

He's going to be just fine. The dude is clearly talented,and once he gets his feet under him and more settled, will be an enormous asset.

I watched him closely against Palace and I was really impressed with certain aspects of his game that have convinced me he will be a big player for us. 

His close control and touch is actually really good and he has enough pace to really cause defenders problems. He also worked a lot harder than he has done in any other match - tracking his man and pressing hard. He’s still not quite there in terms of his fitness but I think that will come. 

One thing to note, which to be honest was fairly obvious when we signed him, he is way more comfortable on the right than the left. You can see he likes to cut in, a bit like Traore. The only problem is, that’s where Buendia wants to play and Gerrard has made it clear in his first two games in charge that the system is the system and he won’t shoe horn anyone in. I’d like to see Buendia play from the left in one match to see how he does because I have a feeling Bailey will make that position his own as he gets fitter. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's started 3 games...

This is not me writing him off, there have been positives but it’s not unfair to say he’s struggled to adapt, and understandably so , I certain he’ll be a big player for us now his injuries are behind him and he gets more minutes to get to grips with the premier league, this is not me saying he’s not good enough for villa for crying out loud.

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've got a feeling, he might turn it on tonight!

Very hopeful of this, too. He came to this league to play against the big boys. Here's his chance. Plus the stage us set for this to be all about Grealish and then for another star to come to the fore. I'd love it if that person was LB. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've got a feeling, he might turn it on tonight!

I think City will be too canny for him. He isn't seemingly good at taking on players. Lots of tricks and flicks but doesn't advance enough as yet and is weak on the ball. But there's definite talent there, I just think he's finding the step up in quality of the opposition hard to deal with. He's in the spot light tonight though which is what he (and his step) dad wants. 

Just awful. Costs us chances, so greedy, then so lazy when he inevitably loses the ball, made of rice paper.

What happened to Everton Bailey? He’s gone from looking like a genuine replacement for Grealish to a cross between Tonev and Baros. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Awful greedy decision making every time and made of glass. Seriously worrying 

The greed I get, he’s new, obviously believes in himself and desperate to impress the fans. So it’s clouding his decision making. 
That can be coached into him. Just needs to relax abit. 

Â