Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Its moments like the half arsed press on Dias for his goal that just makes it hard to like a player. Show some effort ffs. Nothing worse than someone who doesn't look arsed,

Thankfully those players will never survive under Gerrard long term. 

12 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Its moments like the half arsed press on Dias for his goal that just makes it hard to like a player. Show some effort ffs. Nothing worse than someone who doesn't look arsed,

Nothing different to Watkins not closing off the cross for Palace's goal.

Edited by May-Z

with traore and trez on their way back it could be difficult for him to get back into the team

i can see him being largely an impact sub for us than a key player which, at £30m+, is quite an expensive impact sub

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

He came good though didn’t he, everyone needs time.

We’ve barely seen him long enough either. 

Sanson, Bailey, Traore, Ings and to a certain extent Buendia. Our pre transfer medical team wants shooting.

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Gutted for him. Seems like a good character . Made too many wrong decisions this evening but he will learn . 

I still genuinely think he hasn't been fit, and doesn't trust his body ATM.

That as well as him trying so hard to impress, it's backfiring terribly.

It's obvious he desperately wanted to do something spectacular on his own.

It's bizarre because, one of his " strengths " was meant to be team play, and being unselfish.

I hope the pressure of this stage doesn't totally undo him 🤦🏿.

I'd.legit prefer for him to be out for as long as it takes for him to be fully right, physically and mentally.

I don't think Gerrard would be starting him if he didn't see something in him, but lacklustre performances won't be tolerated much longer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still genuinely think he hasn't been fit, and doesn't trust his body ATM.

That as well as him trying so hard to impress, it's backfiring terribly.

It's obvious he desperately wanted to do something spectacular on his own.

It's bizarre because, one of his " strengths " was meant to be team play, and being unselfish.

I hope the pressure of this stage doesn't totally undo him 🤦🏿.

I'd.legit prefer for him to be out for as long as it takes for him to be fully right, physically and mentally.

I don't think Gerrard would be starting him if he didn't see something in him, but lacklustre performances won't be tolerated much longer.

It’s a real shame he’s out, obviously things weren’t going quite right for him but game time is what he needed, we have lost our only rapid wide player 

• Like 1

It's like he's trying too hard to impress going forward, trying to do it all and not playing in others. 

The closing down for Diaz's goal is inexcusable, it was so half-hearted. Match fit or not, he barely stretched his leg out. That sort of attitude won't fly at this level. Bertie was somewhat similar at the start but was more effective going forward. 

There's obviously a real talent there but he really needs to start playing for the team rather than himself, which is how it comes across. 

Ironically, he got injured putting some graft in. 

• Like 2

No idea what his injury is but just looked like he didn’t fancy it to me, he’s isn’t the sort of player who wants to do the donkey work in games like this. Probably have a nice Christmas break now, kind of get the feeling this guy isn’t going to cut it.

Â