Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Frustrating. Yeah given Deano's record around injury messaging I assume Bailey will be out for at least a month. It happens and we have squad depth but damn I would have loved to see him rip ManU a new one :(

This is on the official site of anyone wants a more optimistic scenario

Bailey has now been assessed by the medical staff and is targeting a return to action against Wolverhampton Wanderers next month.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/Smith-issues-injury-updates/

What on Target to return and get reinjured?? 

Are we rushing him back in to soon because we should just get him healed properly so he can have more than 20 mins here and their.

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bailey undoubtedly has X factor, but I think it's a disservice to lads like Ings, EMI, Ollie, Traore etc. To suggest we are null as a threat without him.

100% right.

If we are so reliant on him, then the strategy laid out by Purslow is a failure, and we've learned nothing.

Fortunately, it isn't true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I even had the doll, it was a bit like action man. Always wondered if stone cold Steve Austin got his name from that show

On the contrary I think he nearly didn't use the name because of it.  His name is Steve Williams but there was already wrestler with that name.

His promoter at the time asked what his name is and where he was from, "Steve" and "Austin".  I wonder if the Six Million Dollar man part inspired Ted Dibiase though.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

At least he won’t be able to play for Jamaica next month.

I feel great, and shite about that at the same time. lol

I'm hoping Jamaica can scrape together some points until he is fit enough to successfully feature for us both.

Although, with some of the performances i've seen from JA, he would possibly be wasted anyway.

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kind of crazy that our 30m winger being injured doesn't derail our session at all thanks to our squad depth.

You say that... I've not had a player injury cause me to stop drinking before. Don't think it had anything to do with villa's squad depth though...

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forgot he was Jamaican towards the end, accent change lmao.

I was thinking, banter between him and Bolt ( Man U fan ) should be epic later today. lol

Do you think he will get in trouble for watching an illegal feed of the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How does he fit into a 3-5-2 I wonder?

can play the LWB or at the point of the midfield 3 (the semi 10), or could play L or R if it were a 343 type, or either of the 2 in a 3421??

Or we just play 4231/433 and fit him in that way?

I cant wait till we have Buendia and Bailey fully fit and up to speed.

Â