Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Dropped onto the next page? Guess he is far from ready then. I think I heard Smith say he will see how he is after the international break. 😲

Thankfully we are finally in position that we do not have to rush him, cannot wait to see him fully fit in full flow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2021 at 07:19, Phil Silvers said:

Thankfully we are finally in position that we do not have to rush him, cannot wait to see him fully fit in full flow.

Maybe that can happen by the end of the calendar year? 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Maybe that can happen by the end of the calendar year? 

Hopefully sooner but I stand by my comment, we are stronger. It's a bit of a strange one though, bit like the Jack injury last season, Deano obviously knows the score but is keeping the opposition guessing I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hopefully sooner but I stand by my comment, we are stronger. It's a bit of a strange one though, bit like the Jack injury last season, Deano obviously knows the score but is keeping the opposition guessing I think.

We should basically know by now we don’t talk about injuries unless it’s an ACL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He tweaked his groin against Everton didn’t he?

Just googled and looks like a quad/thigh prob, few places say available few places say doubtful. Hopefully he'll play a part then.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d rather Bailey be fully recovered before we play him again, just in case there’s a chance he can actually play the rest of the season for us. It’s bloody frustrating though, just want to see him tearing teams apart now. 

I remember in the match thread against Everton people were going crazy like "why hasn't he played much recently, he's clearly fit now" as a stick to beat Dean Smith with. 15 mins later he gets injured for 4 weeks. I think their caution was justified, and I hope they continue to be cautious with him. The upside is too valuable to spurn.

• Like 1

I would love to see him starting soon, but equally I don't want us to rush him back. Got to get it right.

He's the X factor player in this squad. We have plenty of brilliant attacking players... Ings, Buendia, Watkins, Traore, El Ghazi can all make things happen in the final third... but Bailey is the one who can do it out of literally nothing.

Backs against the wall, shit afternoon, nothing going our way, Bailey's the one you back to wriggle out of a challenge, bomb up the pitch, dance into the box, and bury it. Against the run of play. Oppo fans shell shocked. Villa fans shirts off. That's how I see him.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I remember in the match thread against Everton people were going crazy like "why hasn't he played much recently, he's clearly fit now" as a stick to beat Dean Smith with. 15 mins later he gets injured for 4 weeks. I think their caution was justified, and I hope they continue to be cautious with him. The upside is too valuable to spurn.

I'm not saying he is but some players are just prone to picking up injuries no matter how long they've been out for. 

Â