Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

33 minutes ago, claretman said:

This "we don't want to show our hand to the opposition so we aren't giving you the update on any injuries" is absolute nonsense. 

It makes no difference to most decent teams with good managers - we saw that last season when Leicester set up to play us with Grealish and still comfortably beat us when he didn't play.  The team sheet comes out an hour before kick off - the opposition can easily adjust.  

I'd rather the club just made a comment on the injury - most others seem to manage it but we are particularly secretive it seems.

To be fair mate, I’d rather the club do what is best for the club. As far as adjusting, teams will generally work on team shape etc in training the day/s before a match. If it even gives us a 1% advantage by keeping quiet about an injury then it’s the right thing to do IMO.

Borderline NSFW here 😏 but Big Emi has just posted this on his Instagram stories, a video of Leon getting a physio massage on his quad. I'm no expert - would this be happening if he'd just had a scan confirming extensive muscle damage? Genuine question, I've no idea.

Screenshot_20210923-142238.thumb.jpg.108f474a51c1e842f606b4268655332f.jpg

• Thanks 1

There’s a Twitter video/podcast showing the journo who reported this being called out on this announcement. He’s clearly a bit of a muppet. Who knows it could be right and he’s let it slip like an idiot or he just loosely threw in the word ‘ruptured’ not caring what it actually meant.

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Borderline NSFW here 😏 but Big Emi has just posted this on his Instagram stories, a video of Leon getting a physio massage on his quad. I'm no expert - would this be happening if he'd just had a scan confirming extensive muscle damage? Genuine question, I've no idea.

He's clearly under general anaesthetic. That's the scrub nurse just finishing shaving his thigh and putting on the iodine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think the bigger take from the picture is that it's a doctor's office, not a massage room.

This looks like medical equipment and a medical table. But he does have a towel under him which a doctor wouldn't use. 

The tub of Ben & Jerry's however suggests Leon might be into some kinky sh*t.

The way his eyes are closed could mean he is in fact dead. 

So, given all the facts, I think he will be back in 2 weeks time. 

And from a certain angle it kinda looks like he's pitching a tent.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think the bigger take from the picture is that it's a doctor's office, not a massage room.

This looks like medical equipment and a medical table. But he does have a towel under him which a doctor wouldn't use. 

The tub of Ben & Jerry's however suggests Leon might be into some kinky sh*t.

The way his eyes are closed could mean he is in fact dead. 

So, given all the facts, I think he will be back in 2 weeks time. 

Don't be ridiculous. If he was dead, why would they be about to do surgery.

Unless it's a post mortem. In which case, Emi shouldn't be videoing it.

42 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Looks exactly like the treatment one would receive for a tight quad. 

The force needed to rupture one of the strongest tendons in your body would have easily sent that ball flying through the net and into the Holte End. 

He probably isn't fit to start but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the bench again. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Sadly i think if we want to have a real go at Manure we need this guy fit.

yep no Bailey + Mike Dean in charge, I think i'll skip the inevitable plucky performance destroyed by an undeserved/played for penalty along with the Ronaldo jizz fest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Don't be ridiculous. If he was dead, why would they be about to do surgery.

Unless it's a post mortem. In which case, Emi shouldn't be videoing it.

Agree. Very disrespectful of Emi to be broadcasting a post-mortem. I know South Americans are usually known for respecting the dead so this is very poor form from an Argentinian. Thatcher wouldn’t have allowed it. Smith out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

For anyone that doesn’t have Instagram Emi gives him a cheeky little stroke of his beard. 

I love the team spirit. 

Â