Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

If Smith says he’s hopeful he will be back after the international break, that means we won’t see him this side of Christmas 

Or that he'll play this weekend. That's the trick, understate the seriousness 1/3 of the time, tell the truth 1/3 and overstate it 1/3 and bam, the injury updates are actually less useful than blind guesses.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Kind of crazy that our 30m winger being injured doesn't derail our session at all thanks to our squad depth.

it doesn't but against scum like Manure it would have been so good to have a full compliment available, especially as Bailey has looked incredible in the cameos he has played so far.

• Like 2

Frustrating. Yeah given Deano's record around injury messaging I assume Bailey will be out for at least a month. It happens and we have squad depth but damn I would have loved to see him rip ManU a new one :(

This is on the official site of anyone wants a more optimistic scenario

Bailey has now been assessed by the medical staff and is targeting a return to action against Wolverhampton Wanderers next month.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/Smith-issues-injury-updates/

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

As frustrating as this is, he’s looked the signing who’s ready to contribute straight away. Just be patient and get him right, if he’s firing on all cylinders from the winter period onwards we will come on really strong late in the season and it gives the likes of little emi a chance to bed in a bit more, Bertie to get match sharpness and the two up top to get a better understanding of each other without Leon taking away any of their minutes which I’m sure was around the corner. Disappointing yes but we will be ok

8 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I heard they were dislocated shin splints of the quad, he might actually die.

He actually almost died after the game on Saturday but Smith is keeping it quiet. Leon Bailey, A man barely alive, Gentleman we can rebuild him, we have the technology

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

He actually almost died after the game on Saturday but Smith is keeping it quiet. Leon Bailey, A man barely alive, Gentleman we can rebuild him, we have the technology

You could see this on Saturday in his interview after the game. Hooked up to life support, barely breathing without the assistance of a machine, all hope is surely lost but we can pray. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You could see this on Saturday in his interview after the game. Hooked up to life support, barely breathing without the assistance of a machine, all hope is surely lost but we can pray. 

I thought I could hear a beeping noise in the background of that interview, he’s such a trooper.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Showing your age there mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â