Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bailey will start against Bournemouth.

Gerrard seem to rate Bailey which is a good sign, he did play him even during his bad form. But we also have Buendia who’s a good player as well, actually even Traore would be better than starting Watkins and Ings. I’d accept that partnership in the odd game as a certain tactic for certain matches but that’s about it. 

4 hours ago, Chine said:

Judging by today’s game changer performance we could throw him on for every second half throughout the season to just destroy FBs and create .

Tbh it’s not always as simple as starting with what is perceived as your current best 11 when you have a big squad. Bailey could have started today and struggled with the way United pressed and Shaws movement meaning he had to defend a lot more. Then got taken off for second half. 

Sometimes it’s good to come on for a second half.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if Bailey, Buendia & Couts dont start together, gerrard needs to be taken out back and shot,

I'd love to see that as our front 3. Why do we need to have a traditional striker. Use ramsey, Luiz and Kamara as the midfield trio and keep the ball. And then create loads of chances with that magic trio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd love to see that as our front 3. Why do we need to have a traditional striker. Use ramsey, Luiz and Kamara as the midfield trio and keep the ball. And then create loads of chances with that magic trio

Second half Buendia was in the middle and Watkins, then Archer on the left.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Class this from Sanson as well, seems these group of lads really like each other and get along. Team spirit will play a massive part.

Screenshot_20220723-182020_Instagram-min (1).jpg

He commented "Mon left back" on Digne's post too 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 12:04, Delphinho123 said:

From the very outset, and I could be completely wrong here, I thought Bailey and his camp perhaps thought they were bigger than Villa and this was a stepping stone for him to move to a 'top' club. I say this based on the comments his dad made and the attitude he perhaps showed at times last season. Maybe he thought the PL would be easier than it was and he'd be our standout man like he was at Leverkusen.

I think reality has hit home now though based on some of his comments on social media. Probably realised the PL is a different beast to the Bundesliga and that he will have to be at the very top of his game to even feature in our starting XI. 

I don't know because I don't know the individual but I just sensed some arrogance from the very start. I really hope he has a great season and proves his doubters (me included) wrong next year. 

I suggest you watch the original signing video. Craig Butler said Leon wants to win things and hopefully he will with Aston Villa.

He did of course say if he’s not winning things with Villa he’ll look to move up the league but the aim is to move up the league and eventually win it with Villa. Craig Butler said it though I have paraphrased it. 

I think that’s a cracking mentality to hopefully help us get up the league and win things. 

I wish people would stop misquoting/ misinterpreting what they said.

Edited by Sulberto21

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Get this man into our starting XI....  game changer.  Really like what I've seen from his thus far this pre-season... basically what I was hoping/expecting last year.  What's your starting XI assuming Leon is in?

The user name lives another day!

I wouldn't mind something like...

Martinez

Cash-Chambers-Carlos-Digne

Luiz-Kamara

Bailey-Buendia-Coutinho

Ings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Martinez

Luiz-Kamara

Bailey-Buendia-Coutinho

Ings?

Haha....  really hopeful he makes this user name halfway acceptable.  Made me proud today.  I find it tough to sit Ramsey after seeing what he did last year, and also not sure I see SG sitting McGinn...  I'm honestly quite underwhelmed with Watkins/Ings and wouldn't mind them using Bailey up front in some capacity.... we've got a lot of midfield options and our strikers just aren't cutting it for me.   Very curious to see what gets rolled out for the next friendly and also curious who we see go/come in prior to the window closing.  Either way I can't wait to get things started.  The 5 subs makes life interesting as you can totally switch things up if you have a poor first 45.  (I'd even love SG to make a move in the first half occasionally if he doesn't like what he's seeing).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Martinez

Luiz-Kamara

Bailey-Buendia-Coutinho

Ings?

We tried Buendia in the hole before and he was ineffective. 

He stays fit and we play him on the right, he's dynamite.

If he plays on the left he's totally ineffective. Could be a good season for Leon, I think he suits the system quite well being able to cut in on the right and has something we lack elsewhere which is real pace.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Haha....  really hopeful he makes this user name halfway acceptable.  Made me proud today.  I find it tough to sit Ramsey after seeing what he did last year, and also not sure I see SG sitting McGinn...  I'm honestly quite underwhelmed with Watkins/Ings and wouldn't mind them using Bailey up front in some capacity.... we've got a lot of midfield options and our strikers just aren't cutting it for me.   Very curious to see what gets rolled out for the next friendly and also curious who we see go/come in prior to the window closing.  Either way I can't wait to get things started.  The 5 subs makes life interesting as you can totally switch things up if you have a poor first 45.  (I'd even love SG to make a move in the first half occasionally if he doesn't like what he's seeing).

I also don't see it being a likely way we line up, just would like it to happen as it's a way of at least somewhat naturally including a few of our better attacking options rather than forcing this Watkins/Ings like at the expense of two of Bailey/Coutinho/Buendia. I do think it might be more of Ramsey's game for now to be in the mix for one of those positions, but it falls down with McGinn who Gerrard will almost certainly persist with.

Of the two formations he usually plays I'd rather he stuck with the 4-3-2-1 as it gives you the option of being able to play Bailey and have him offer a bit more pace and directness than we've often had in those positions.

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

We tried Buendia in the hole before and he was ineffective. 

He's got 5 goals/assists in 8 games there under Gerrard apparently. 

• Like 1

Â