Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree, and also think the same of Buendia. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if both started on the bench. 

Can't wait to watch the ball bouncing off Watkins for the full 90 😫

• Sad 1

On 18/07/2022 at 12:04, Delphinho123 said:

From the very outset, and I could be completely wrong here, I thought Bailey and his camp perhaps thought they were bigger than Villa and this was a stepping stone for him to move to a 'top' club. I say this based on the comments his dad made and the attitude he perhaps showed at times last season. Maybe he thought the PL would be easier than it was and he'd be our standout man like he was at Leverkusen.

I think reality has hit home now though based on some of his comments on social media. Probably realised the PL is a different beast to the Bundesliga and that he will have to be at the very top of his game to even feature in our starting XI. 

I don't know because I don't know the individual but I just sensed some arrogance from the very start. I really hope he has a great season and proves his doubters (me included) wrong next year. 

This seems based on stuff his dad was saying rather than the player himself. 

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This seems based on stuff his dad was saying rather than the player himself. 

Could be, yeh. Either way, he impressed me today. Hope he makes me eat my words and he’s terrific here. 

2 hours ago, robby b said:

I agree that he should start v Bournemouth after today's great performance. However, there's still the Rennes game first and he'll need to play well in that too in order to reassure SG he can be consistent...

There are some who didn’t have a good game so far, and he’s the only one yet to have something to prove?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The actual quote:

i agree with everything gerrard said.

However, you watch him say start Watkins, Ings & McGinn on day 1......

• Sad 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

if Bailey, Buendia & Couts dont start together, gerrard needs to be taken out back and shot,

Agreed. Could we go 4-3-3 with Ramsey and Coutinho as two 8’s and Kamara behind? The idea of Buendia and Bailey as wide forwards is boner worthy.

• Like 2

That was a Leverkeusen performance and is why we spent what we did on him.  Thst chance where Maguire blocked it from going in for his second. His first touch was magnificent. Pushed it forward 10 yards and then accelerated onto it. If he had scored that would have been a reverse Theirry Henry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He could be massive for us this season. Clearly a serious talent. Please stay fit! 

Judging by today’s game changer performance we could throw him on for every second half throughout the season to just destroy FBs and create .

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well this is the Bailey thread. Maybe that’s why he’s only referring to him?

I meant Bailey shown good signs in atleast two preseason games, much better than the likes of Watkins. Yet he’s the one who needs to keep showing his worth, while we keep seeing Watkins/Ings partnership failing time after time. 
That’s an issue which I see a lot of fans usually writing about, some players have really bad form, then they say that 20 minutes from a bench player he should grab and impress. That can be said if we had the whole team firing. 

We might go into the season and have three games without Watkins scoring, yet a 20 minutes of uncomfortable Archer might mean he’s still not ready for the PL. That’s my only issue. 

• Thanks 2

Â