Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Was very unlucky with the shot, top save by Krul.

Feels though like his body is broken for premier league, just can't get any rhythm into his career here as I imagine he'll probably be out for a few weeks so his season is over now. Not like Gerrard dosen't want to give him a chance either, started 3 of the last 4.

I thought he was ok today before his injury, it took a world class save from Krul to stop a goal. A couple of times he made the right run only for the pass to him to be poor. He needs time to get his confidence and fitness back.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

When he signed the hype from loads of people on here made it sound like we were signing a top, top player and Bailey is doing us a favour by signing. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

His best game of season against Everton he didn't want to be on pitch at all, think that says it all, fair enough he is picking up knocks but most players play through some type of injury,

he believed he was gonna be main man when he arrived here and then realised this is a bit tougher then German football and downed tools

It does kind of feel like he doesn't have the gumption required to succeed in this league. He's obviously a committed professional player, he won a move to the best league in the world. But he is a bit ponderous with the ball and doesn't do much of anything without the ball. Could potentially be useful off the bench to run at defenders, but he can't stay off the treatment table. And 30m is a heavy price tag for a substitute. 

The injury seemed innocuous and I'm not sure he's got the mentality to fight through little knocks.

I wanted him to just torch the league and be a big star player for us. Looking unlikely at this rate. Should probably look to move him on.

Edited by maqroll

Bailey clearly has talent, of that i have no doubt.

Whether his continued absences, his fear of the injury recurring so he isnt being as explosive as he can be, ring rust, fitness, or anything else going on, he clearly isnt anywhere near the top of his game.

Whether he will ever get to the top of his game with us, i dont know, but there is no doubting the lad has ability at a base level.

I suppose we will see one way or the other next season, depending on whether he is still with us or not.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

How much did we pay again.

30m? 

Yikes.

He looked a 50m player before we signed him and looked a bargain in his 1st few games 

I just get the feeling he is playing with a injury

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do people keep repeating this, when it's literally not true?

He said  "  We think this is the correct next step in Leons career " or something like that.  Ever since then, due to a combo of people not liking Craig Butler, and Leon not performing/ being injured often , it keeps getting regurgitated, even though it was debunked AT THE TIME ffs.

Not once have any of them said we are a stepping stone ffs.

I do clearly remember the likes of Gana Gueye and Benteke saying that though. 

And Craig Butler clearly said hopefully we will win the league and trophies together.

But I’m gonna make something up and believe that instead. Ffs

The pre-season is key for him.  He clearly needs to put the hard yards in to get physically ready for PL football.  To be fair I think the club have been decent at doing that so he has a chance.  He needs to get that explosiveness over the first few yards back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Bailey clearly has talent, of that i have no doubt.

Whether his continued absences, his fear of the injury recurring so he isnt being as explosive as he can be, ring rust, fitness, or anything else going on, he clearly isnt anywhere near the top of his game.

Whether he will ever get to the top of his game with us, i dont know, but there is no doubting the lad has ability at a base level.

I suppose we will see one way or the other next season, depending on whether he is still with us or not.

Only we could have a:

- Champions League Player

- One of the highest rated/performing players in the Bundesliga, regularly chosen by the leagie for head to head features against the likes of Robben and Sancho.

- One of the most explosive players in Europe, both running at speed, dribbling with the ball, shooting, free kicks, set pieces and flair.

- One of the hardest working and highest distance covered per game.players in the Bundesliga.

SO far look like an:

- Injury prone

- Weak

- Indecisive

- Slow

- Flop

🤦🏿

I keep reiterating that what kills me, is knowing how much talent he actually has smh.

Some players just don't work out at certain clubs, and we seem great for that, with multiple players.

His luck has also been horrendous since being here.

• Like 4

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/leon-bailey-10-things-on-bayer-leverkusen-s-jamaica-winger-usain-bolt-5302

He's got extraordinary pace, he's very skilful with the ball, and he will give further impetus to our attacking department," said Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Völler, a former World Cup winner who knows a good player when he sees one. "We are convinced that he will be a big gain for us."

😎 The new Arjen Robben?

Left-footed, frighteningly quick, bedazzling with the ball at his feet, and a liking for cutting in from the wing to devastating effect. Sound familiar? No, we're not talking about Arjen Robben. Like the Bayern Munich legend, Bailey is able to play on either flank but has no doubt about where he prefers to play position is:

"I've always said my best position is on the right-hand side. I feel really happy out on the right. And when a player feels happy, he can make a lot happen. I think I can leave the defenders with more to think about. I have more options to go to the left or the right, so I think it's better for me."

Come on man, anyone who has followed this kid even in passing, knows something has obviously gone wrong.

I'm loathe to write him off.

Even bias aside.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â