Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

That stupid **** turn back into trouble in the first half with Buendia free sums him up at the moment. In it for himself - been the vibe I’m I’ve got from him since he’s been here. 

That was truly awful, he did something very similar on Saturday. 

He's in the big league now, you won't get away with constant silly tricks, you've got to pick your moment because these defenders don't fall for it easily.  And when you've got a runner to the left of you through on goal against Man Citeh...... You pass it. 

He's still a big worry to me. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

That was truly awful, he did something very similar on Saturday. 

He's in the big league now, you won't get away with constant silly tricks, you've got to pick your moment because these defenders don't fall for it easily.  And when you've got a runner to the left of you through on goal against Man Citeh...... You pass it. 

He's still a big worry to me. 

There is so much space in the German league because everyone is playing a high line. 

I watched it during the early stages of covid and the defending was woeful. 

Looks a bit greedy and seems to be running into trouble...

As he went off looked in tears, I guess it's a bad injury. De Jong said after the game Bailey has had injury problems for eighteen months now, if that's the case he was a gamble perhaps that hasn't paid off....so far.

Bailey seems to have skill and pace but he needs time to get up to speed and improve his physical fitness for the rigours of the PL, we often expect too much too soon.

58 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

That stupid **** turn back into trouble in the first half with Buendia free sums him up at the moment. In it for himself - been the vibe I’m I’ve got from him since he’s been here. 

Pretty much sums it up for me. It’s the Leon Bailey And His Dad show. Such a greedy player, thinks he’s Messi but he’s Baros. Seriously needs to start passing the ball and bringing his TEAMMATES into the game. I wonder how much his quite clearly self-interested personal ‘team’ influences his desire to go on crazy runs, score a worldie then see his name in lights. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately this one is going to hurt us, decent transfer fee, decent length contract on good terms...

I'll eat my humble pie, but he won't play 50 games in a Villa shirt... 

Id take Traore or Trez or AEG over him ever day of the week.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Too early to be writing off a player.

Surprised people keep doing that. 

Unfortunately it’s par for the course for some posters. Some embarrassing posts in here last night! 

Like Buendia, I just feel he’s trying a bit too hard to impress and needs to relax. Hopefully he’ll be back by the Leeds and Brentford games.

• Like 2

Until the last two games I wasn't sure he was a footballer. But he's now shown glimpses of what he can do and has had some good moments. There is a good player in there clearly. He made one obvious miscall and I think, for me, people are too keen to take that one instance and expand it as all the evidence they need to write him off and cast judgement on him. 

On Saturday it was Watkins getting the same treatment. It's been others before. Looks like recency bias mixed with a bit of kneejerk to me. 

Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, and hopefully he gets over these niggles. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Unfortunately this one is going to hurt us, decent transfer fee, decent length contract on good terms...

I'll eat my humble pie, but he won't play 50 games in a Villa shirt... 

Id take Traore or Trez or AEG over him ever day of the week.

To be fair.

If you look at the Traore thread in its early days. You'll find many similar posts.and opinions.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Have no lack of faith in his ability whatsoever, but there’s clearly a big problem with his leg right now. It’s a huge shame but he could become another very expensive player that we sign and cannot get the best out of due to injury. 

Whatever is wrong it keeps recurring, not sure if there’s surgery or something that needs doing it’s not my field, but this is the third time within a few months. It’s like he can’t make a proper sprint without it blowing out.

Â