Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

50 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I just love it when you see a player on his debut and you can just see directly what a player he is, oozed confidence and class, you could see how the opponents backed off and had repect for him straight away. Give him space to the left and he will be leathal for us. Very promising!

A bit strange though that he didn't check with Ings how he was after shooting him down and Ings clearly was in pain.

But that what you speak of that backing off and having respect for Bailey for some reason they are not bothered about Ghazi in that same way, Ghazi does not scare opponents. With Bailey it's as almost as if they think this guy was brought in as Jack's replacement so he must be ace. At a couple of points in the game you seen Leon draw upto 3 Watford players, if that's happening on a debut then boy do you know you have a special player and he knows it as well as he was oozing confidence as much as Slimer oozes slime.

It's a damn shame we didn't start the game with the team that made the comeback in the second half, I believe we would be sitting on 3 points after the 90 plus minutes.

Bailey is capable of starting in my eyes, if Smith doesnt start him then someone should check onSmuth and ask him if he's okay lol.

I was really excited when we signed Bailey and even more so after his cameo off the bench yesterday.

I think he could very likely become our main man this season and I look forward to seeing him start against Newcastle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This is why I'm not worried. The gulf in class between the two wingers who started and the two who will start is massive. 

El Ghazi and Young as wingers are probably relegation battle/championship playoff level. 

Bailey and Traore will make a huge difference to us. 

Still haven't fully forgiven smith for starting that winger combo. Call it hindsight but it was a very obvious miss. That's why I'm not to worried. We get Bertie and Bailey on and most teams won't be able to deal. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Still haven't fully forgiven smith for starting that winger combo. Call it hindsight but it was a very obvious miss. That's why I'm not to worried. We get Bertie and Bailey on and most teams won't be able to deal. 

Bailey and Traore weren't ready to start to be fair. 

The other option was a young kid making his first start. 

It didn't work but I'm not sure there were lots of different options to start.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

In my eyes Ghazi should be sub at most this season, he's all but done after this season I believe. The squad and team can no long afford a player like him for much longer, need better support they do, he doesn't bring much to a team in terms of overall play.

Traore is an ace player, he will be better this season and can imagine the interchanging between Bailey and Traore. They both have speed and skill and that could be the difference in unlocking some of these slower controlling teams that don't give up possession much.

Bailey though, he's going to be something else and something tells me he will end up getting so popular that his price will just keep sky rocketing because he's that good. Bailey will end up being a 30 mill bargain that ends up with a mad sell price like jack in some years. All we would need to do is make sure we keep hold of him unless we find the next player like Leon. I don't want us going down that road to often where we're selling a shit hot player like Jack or Leon to champions League clubs and having to find the next player in line, I'd rather us keep and find not sell and find. 

But here's to Lange for buying Bailey and the Owners for making all of this possible, we have a wicked club once more and now it's all about making the changes we've brought in,fit this season.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This is why I'm not worried. The gulf in class between the two wingers who started and the two who will start is massive. 

El Ghazi and Young as wingers are probably relegation battle/championship playoff level. 

Bailey and Traore will make a huge difference to us. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

It depends on what we see against Newcastle. I'm assuming that combo was down to necessity. Bailey was a late arrival who likely wasn't fully up to speed and Traore is still coming back from an operation, there was no way they could've started.

The same can be said for Buendia too, he's returning from an injury and probably wasn't ready to start in truth. Time will tell but I think we can wipe the slate clean for the next match.

• Like 2

This was sent to me for a song for Bailey.  From Marry Poppins but at least it's original in a footy sense!?

Super Leon Bailey our Jamaican wing magician
Flying down the wing he’s gonna scare the opposition
Flies past one and glides past two, you know he’s on a mission
Super Leon Bailey our Jamaican wing magician

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

14 seconds...that dribbling move when you cut the ball back at too tight an angle for the defender to reach is so easy on the eye. Him and Traore doing that on either side...gonna be mouthwatering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

14 seconds...that dribbling move when you cut the ball back at too tight an angle for the defender to reach is so easy on the eye. Him and Traore doing that on either side...gonna be mouthwatering.

So critical that we get Buendia playing central. Bailey and Bertrand on the wings at the same time is an absolute cheat code. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

So critical that we get Buendia playing central. Bailey and Bertrand on the wings at the same time is an absolute cheat code. 

It's just a shame that Bailey prefers the right wing. I think he's likely to be the better of the two so we'd ideally want him in his best/preferred position. Traore on the left just wouldn't work though IMO.

finally spoke to the leverkusen fans at football in detail about him last night

the gist of it seems to be that he's absolutely brilliant when he wants but the key thing is when he wants, they weren't too bothered about selling him, most of them had wry smiles but i would add that they still haven't got their head around PL finances so they think £30m is a decent deal for them

i think thats pretty much what most of us expect

His crossing alone already looks like the fee is a bargain. Just need the attackers to attack the bastard ball. It's why I'd prefer 4-3-3 it'll bring out the best in........ John McGinn.

I criticise his passing (and rightly so) however his ability to bomb into the box late is very good imo. Bailey's crossing into McGinn's runs into the box will be good for a few goals.

Oh we've already seen it.!!

37 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His crossing alone already looks like the fee is a bargain. Just need the attackers to attack the bastard ball. It's why I'd prefer 4-3-3 it'll bring out the best in........ John McGinn.

I criticise his passing (and rightly so) however his ability to bomb into the box late is very good imo. Bailey's crossing into McGinn's runs into the box will be good for a few goals.

Oh we've already seen it.!!

I completely agree, that formation brings out the best of all our midfielders. As well as McGinn improving, it also made Nakamba look more comfortable 2nd half against Watford, and with someonbe like Bailey putting those crosses in it should provide a lot of assists for the other two forwards and a midfielder getting up to support the attack. Bin off the 4231 and stop putting square pegs in round holes. I really hope Bailey starts on Saturday.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 13:55, Dave-R said:

In my eyes Ghazi should be sub at most this season, he's all but done after this season I believe. The squad and team can no long afford a player like him for much longer, need better support they do, he doesn't bring much to a team in terms of overall play.

Traore is an ace player, he will be better this season and can imagine the interchanging between Bailey and Traore. They both have speed and skill and that could be the difference in unlocking some of these slower controlling teams that don't give up possession much.

Bailey though, he's going to be something else and something tells me he will end up getting so popular that his price will just keep sky rocketing because he's that good. Bailey will end up being a 30 mill bargain that ends up with a mad sell price like jack in some years. All we would need to do is make sure we keep hold of him unless we find the next player like Leon. I don't want us going down that road to often where we're selling a shit hot player like Jack or Leon to champions League clubs and having to find the next player in line, I'd rather us keep and find not sell and find. 

But here's to Lange for buying Bailey and the Owners for making all of this possible, we have a wicked club once more and now it's all about making the changes we've brought in,fit this season.

Traore is an ace player, totally agreed. Attacking wise he has superb output and hopefully will improve this season, especially with the defensive side and pressing. 

Â