Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Did he get injured v Watford?

no, he got injured the day before the match versus Newcastle (after Deanos presser on Friday, but before the match).

Or at least we assume thats the case, as he didnt mention Bailey as an injury concern during the presser (where he did mention Traore and others).

• Like 1

As it stands Jamaica aren't on the red list so wouldn't be exempt from playing in their home qualifiers... looks like we'll be without him for a fair while at this rate, unless the rumoured changes to red list countries happen soon.

Leon Bailey’s long road to Aston Villa via Slovakia and a cold Austrian park

The £30m striker had a remarkable route into the professional game but it has given him the mental strength to succeed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/25/leon-bailey-aston-villa-via-slovakia-and-a-cold-austrian-park

Good article about Leon and his family in the Guardian today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

As it stands Jamaica aren't on the red list so wouldn't be exempt from playing in their home qualifiers... looks like we'll be without him for a fair while at this rate, unless the rumoured changes to red list countries happen soon.

I don’t really understand any of this traffic light nonsense, but if they have to isolate on return they won’t be going. I guarantee it. 

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

don’t really understand any of this traffic light nonsense

I went out with a girl in Italy with the same problem. She said that traffic lights were just a suggestion. The main problem was, most of the rest of the nutters on the road over there thought the same. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

“Going to an emerging club like Aston Villa“ 

😂 we’ve been around a while. Weird how every quote in the article is from his step dad/manager… interesting article though. Thanks 

Edited by alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Fit again according to his Dad and available today.

....he's also going to get 25 goals this year and get us into the top four 🙂

“He is adapting, he is enjoying England, he is learning England, and he is back in training now and ready to go,” Butler said. “My aim is for him to hit 25 goals this season and get his stats up, but more importantly is to adapt and to become a part of the team, understand their system of play that they are going to be using, and to utilise his skills to help the team reach the top four this season.”

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20210828/leon-bailey-set-villa-return-today

Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity!

17 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

“He is adapting, he is enjoying England, he is learning England, and he is back in training now and ready to go,” Butler said. “My aim is for him to hit 25 goals this season and get his stats up, but more importantly is to adapt and to become a part of the team, understand their system of play that they are going to be using, and to utilise his skills to help the team reach the top four this season.”

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20210828/leon-bailey-set-villa-return-today

That positive attitude wont be accepted on VT. Bailey Out 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, randy_69 said:

25 goals expected while adapting and becoming part of the team. I can't wait to see him next season when fully settled.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I mean, he's never scored anywhere near 25 goals in a single season so I'm not sure where that expectation is coming from.

Craig Butler seems like a bit of a Character really.

Maybe he's just excited and passionate about his son. What's wrong with that?

2 hours ago, randy_69 said:

So if he has a good season and when we don’t get too four we can expect his family to push for a move…

Sorry just what I take from that quote. Let’s see. The season has just started.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Maybe he's just excited and passionate about his son. What's wrong with that?

Yes it's extremely touching but he's also in the football business. I personally don't care for unrealistic expectations and they're floating around here like turds in a septic tank at the moment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes it's extremely touching but he's also in the football business. I personally don't care for unrealistic expectations and they're floating around here like turds in a septic tank at the moment.

Which is exactly where they should be

Â