Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not going to start according to smith...please, please be a bluff

i can't cope with young and el ghazi on the wings again

To be honest could be a sensible move as he won't be fully fit for a while yet.

Best to bring him on when needed against tired legs rather than take him off if he's gassed.

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This will be tragic if it’s the case. I hope Bidace gets a start over El Ghazi

if nothing else i think this will really lift the crowd

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This will be tragic if it’s the case. I hope Bidace gets a start over El Ghazi

I'd imagine it'll be El Ghazi left, Buendia right with Ings up front and a midfield of McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba/Ramsey 

• Like 1

How does El Ghazi keep getting a game. Honestly. If Smith is going to play him, send Bidace out on loan at least to get games.
El Ghazi puts in miserable performance after miserable performance and still seems to play for the club. It's utterly bewildering. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How does El Ghazi keep getting a game. Honestly. If Smith is going to play him, send Bidace out on loan at least to get games.
El Ghazi puts in miserable performance after miserable performance and still seems to play for the club. It's utterly bewildering. 

Can’t really disagree, he’s very poor in general play and loses the ball too easily. Rarely, if ever, beats a man and doesn’t really seem to possess any skills…

Yes, he get gets his goals and opportunitist strikes but it’s usually when the team is playing really well and he’s there to finish off a decent move, and to score from penalties. Otherwise, he loses the ball and takes wasteful shots when he should be playing his teammates in on goal… not someone you can rely on when the team is struggling, unless we win a pen. We have Ings now…

He’s been here long enough for us to tell what kind of player he is… can’t see major improvement in him… our attacks often break down because of him… or he’s simply anonymous.

A shame as he looked great in the POF, hasn’t displayed that kind of ability since… now that guy would be useful for us…

Don’t mind him around the squad but am losing patience with him, he continues to frustrate, and I don’t want to see him being a regular in this team. We haven’t progressed if he continues to be so involved… for now, we have injuries and lack of fitness to contend with but if he continues to play, it’s a bit of a concern…

See if we can sell for a decent fee and upgrade… hopefully he won’t get a look in when Bailey, Traore and Buendia are all fit. I’d honestly like to see another attacker in the team but don’t think it’s going to happen. Kamada would be wonderful… maybe even Alvarez…

We need to upgrade where we can and phase out some of our squad players and move them on imo… especially if we can get decent money for them…

Ideally, for me, we (eventually) move on El Ghazi, Nakamba (limited, “back foot” player, useful squad member but one of our older players who is unlikely to improve or develop much more), Hourihane (asap), Davies and maybe even Wesley (now that we have Ings) and start to bring better players in to reach the next level…

If we can offload one or two, it will give us room to make further additions such as the likes of, hopefully, Kamara, Sangare, Kamada… it’s how we improve.

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Unfortunately I think it will be this too, it’s like playing with 10 men 

He should at least be more effective on the left, useless on the right.

Again, he won’t get much of a look in if our better players are all fit and on form. He should be going all out to prove himself worthy of a place in the team/squad but he rarely seems to have that in him…

Hopefully, he is just cover now. But if we can get good money for him we should sell, I’d rather we did that than renew his contract…

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He should at least be more effective on the left, useless on the right.

Again, he won’t get much of a look in if our better players are all fit and on form. He should be going all out to prove himself worthy of a place in the team/squad but he rarely seems to have that in him…

Hopefully, he is just cover now. But if we can get good money for him we should sell, I’d rather we did that than renew his contract…

He’s definitely third choice when everyone’s fit, maybe even 4th considering Ollie can play on the left. I would happily cash in as well

22 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s definitely third choice when everyone’s fit, maybe even 4th considering Ollie can play on the left. I would happily cash in as well

Yeah, I just think it’s a good opportunity to sell him at a good price. To make a decent profit and to boost our transfer kitty.

Then we can sign a genuine upgrade or allow us to strengthen another area… maybe a CAM like Kamada and play Buendia on the wing. Or a top quality LW.

He’s one of the few, if not only, players who we could both get decent funds for and is worth selling due to him not being a key player for us… even around 15m (more would be great) would be a good sale and I doubt his stock/value is going to get much higher… depends on interest of course but if the likes of Roma want him, we could try to work something out… 

I can’t see us commanding decent fees for anyone else (who isn’t an essential starter) other than maybe Nakamba but he is needed for now… until we can bring in better… I doubt we’d make much/any profit either…

We won’t get decent fees for the likes of Hourihane & Davis and we need to rehabilitate Wesley and maybe get him out on loan first (now that we have Ings) so he can prove himself worthy of a place in the squad or raise his value to sell…

Another player or two of the ilk of Bailey and we will be flying… we do have some great players, just need to surround them with more quality…

• Like 1

Â