Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 hours ago, May-Z said:

So what is his chant? Did someone post the offspring the other day? I can see that working...

We've got Leon Bailey, Villa Villa

Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, cinco, seis

Too late, he’s already been awarded ‘one Leon Bailey’ 🤦‍♂️ 

I think he will prove to be a very astute signing, it was as an impressive debut as I can remember seeing from a Villa player especially given he has only been with the squad a couple of days and hasn't had a preseason.

I understand he prefers to play on the right side though and this is his strongest position, as it is with Traore and Buendia. I'm a big believe in round pegs in round holes so it will interesting to see how Smith puts them all into our system - as it stands we have a big Jack Grealish sized gap on the left-hand side and no one that plays that role as their first choice. Will Bailey be used primarily on the left? 

• Like 1

Bailey really is 2 players in 1. On the left he plays alot like Sancho on the right  . On the right he plays like Robben. 

And i am not embarrassed to use those comparisons because if you delve deep into Bailey in Youbtube you will see Bundesliga tv use these.

He will score more on the right but will be hugely creative on the left . 

• Like 1

I just love it when you see a player on his debut and you can just see directly what a player he is, oozed confidence and class, you could see how the opponents backed off and had repect for him straight away. Give him space to the left and he will be leathal for us. Very promising!

A bit strange though that he didn't check with Ings how he was after shooting him down and Ings clearly was in pain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Bloody Danny Ings putting his face in where it hurts. Get out of the way man!

Also Ollie after seeing those crosses :

spacer.png

Yes his crossing and unselfish play was great  Bailey has the ability to beat his man but has a more disciplined approach to Traore,  having both on the pitch we looked much better.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

An assist on debut when not fully match fit will do his confidence no harm. Think he will be our left winger this and excel 

I tell you what if he's the assist king he was in the Bundersleague we sure as shit won't miss Grealish at all, especially if Leon is smarter in the ball.

I were listening to that Holy Trinity show and he explained the Leon Bailey of now at the age he is, then you take Jack back to Leon's age and the stats show that Bailey is the better player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Look at him draw players, pass with accuracy, Skill up the place, link up amazing and much more.

We will be okay with this guy taking Jack's place, he will more than fit the emptyness and teams will regret letting us sign Leon.

What made me laugh on twitter the other day was some Arsenal fan saying Villa buying all those players won't replace Jack. Now I know that to be true because we only need Bailey and the shoes are filled, the rest is a bonus.

• Like 1

Â