Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's 6'2" with a 43" vertical who runs at ~23 mph at 36 years old.  He is a world class athlete who also has an unstoppable work ethic, but he's one of the most gifted players of all time.  

He's a very dedicated athlete and has been incredibly successful. I think his touch is shocking these days though. I don't remember it being this bad before.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's 6'2" with a 43" vertical who runs at ~23 mph at 36 years old.  He is a world class athlete who also has an unstoppable work ethic, but he's one of the most gifted players of all time.  

I agree, I just think that he really deserves the highest praise for his mental game too. it's absolutely unmatched imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah it's silly hot. Spent some time there and in Granada that's in the same region. One night we had just below 40 °C outside our flat. (Was a pharmacy across the street with one of those green signs and a big digital thermometers) Granted is was in late July/early August.

Think they moved it from Bilbao due to some Covid regulations regarding fans but I remember the Basques being unhappy about it and claiming politics.

Not sure why they are playing at the Olympic stadium but I know both Seville clubs have been renovating their stadiums so might be due to construction.

Had one of the best meals of my life in Seville. But you're right - it's stupid hot. It's impossible to do anything in the afternoon in the summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Jota has been awful since coming back from injury. 

Definitely the weak link in this Portugal side. Ronaldo has his chances and Portugal are cruising in this game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

My point is. 

When you look at Messis highlights you are watching something beautiful. 

When you are looking at Ronaldos highlights you are watching something efficient. 

Although he has got some worldies in there it's just no way you can argue he is on the same level with the Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Messi in terms of natural ability. 

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Exceptional athlete, both physically and mentally.  Was always a better athlete than footballer imo.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Had one of the best meals of my life in Seville. But you're right - it's stupid hot. It's impossible to do anything in the afternoon in the summer.

I plan to go back there sometime soon when the world is back to normal-ish.

Dream would be to watch the Betis-Sevilla derby, preferably at the Benito Villamarín since Betis is my team in Spain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

My point is. 

When you are looking at Ronaldos highlights you are watching something efficient. 

Although he has got some worldies in there it's just no way you can argue he is on the level with the Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Messi in terms of natural ability. 

Bits and pieces, I was with you on Smith. But simply put, your talking bollocks on Ronaldo mate!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

My point is. 

Although he has got some worldies in there it's just no way you can argue he is on the level with the Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Messi in terms of natural ability. 

Did you ever watch him play for Man United?  Back when he played as a winger, before he converted to a full time striker at Madrid?  He's in the same category of naturally gifted dribblers all all those you've named...

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

I plan to go back there sometime soon when the world is back to normal-ish.

Dream would be to watch the Betis-Sevilla derby, preferably at the Benito Villamarín since Betis is my team in Spain.

The hotel I stayed at was next door to the Betis stadium 

"Silken Al-Andalus Palace"

:thumb: 

• Like 1

Â