Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Wow. 

England have a very easy road to the final if they beat Germany. 

Don't worry, with Southgate picking the team that won't happen.  

Just now, KMitch said:

You gotta hand it to him...  It's hard to troll this long and hard while keeping a straight face.  

I mean I always saw Ronaldo more as a result of his workrate which is pretty much unmatched. he's obviously up there in terms of natural ability, but that work ethic of his is what goats him imo.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Someone get Martinez a tailor. Seen Trump with better fitted suits.

Are his trousers on back to front as well?

Edited by stewiek2

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Commentators in the USA are the worst...  Taylor Twellman, Judy Foudy, Alejandro Moreno, & Alexi Lalas are the Four Horsemen of the Shitty Soccer Commentator Apocalypse. Thank God NBC does not employ any of these clowns and I only have to deal with them every two years for the Euros and WC.

Aren't those the Fox lot? ESPN seems to have mainly Brits (eg Ian Darke)

I know what you mean though. I usually watch Univision rather than Fox even though I can't understand a word.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I mean I always saw Ronaldo more as a result of his workrate which is pretty much unmatched. he's obviously up there in terms of natural ability, but that work ethic of his is what goats him imo.

He's 6'2" with a 43" vertical who runs at ~23 mph at 36 years old.  He is a world class athlete who also has an unstoppable work ethic, but he's one of the most gifted players of all time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Aren't those the Fox lot? ESPN seems to have mainly Brits (eg Ian Darke)

I know what you mean though. I usually watch Univision rather than Fox even though I can't understand a word.

3 of the 4 are part of the ESPN crew for this tournament...  Twellman is commentating this game and is horrific.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hottest city in europe as the fun fact for the day 

Didn't realise it wasn't sevillas stadium though, that's weird, what happened to bilbao? 

Yeah it's silly hot. Spent some time there and in Granada that's in the same region. One night we had just below 40 °C outside our flat. (Was a pharmacy across the street with one of those green signs and a big digital thermometers) Granted is was in late July/early August.

Think they moved it from Bilbao due to some Covid regulations regarding fans but I remember the Basques being unhappy about it and claiming politics.

Not sure why they are playing at the Olympic stadium but I know both Seville clubs have been renovating their stadiums so might be due to construction.

• Like 1

Â