Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo will be content even if they get knocked out.

He achieved plenty of individual records, that's what matters. 

his legacy is already secured. one of the goats, we all know this.

Lovely goal although the keeper should have saved it.

This pitch is dreadful incidentally. It looks like they've just glued grass clippings on it. De Bruyne falling over saw huge chunks of grass going everywhere.

Just now, villalad21 said:

In terms of records yes he is a goat. 

In terms of natural talent he would not make my top 20 list 

I think that’s what makes him so special. His absolute dedication to stay fit / strong / fast etc. Compare him to Rooney who is 6 months younger.

• Like 1

I will support the Germans unless he starts Grealish.

I had very little interest in England anyway, but I recognize that this group of players COULD be so exciting to watch.

Sadly the muppets at the FA (where do they come from??) have decided to employ the most boring, uninspiring, tepid, dull, malignant, desultory, listless, limp-wristed, big nose, no-talent ass clown as manager. And it really gets my goat.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The team who plays as a team and have real patterns of play will always beat the team who relies on individual brilliance. 

It's why I have Italy as favorites 

Agree and that's why Southgate is crap and desperately needs a bit of Jack brilliance.

Just now, Genie said:

I think that’s what makes him so special. His absolute dedication to stay fit / strong / fast etc. Compare him to Rooney who is 6 months younger.

yeah defo part of the completeness of a footballer.

you could have all the skill in the world, but if you have no mental fortitude or application then that means piss all.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

In terms of records yes he is a goat. 

In terms of natural talent he would not make my top 20 list 

He will just have to make do with spots on the top of the goalscoring lists in every major competition.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Why is nobody calling out the abysmal goalkeeping!

I think it’s the power and the swerve that did him. He’s shifted his weight to the right, then before he’s realised it’s swerving the other way it’s in the net. Probably should have saved it but it was an absolute rocket.

• Like 1

Commentators in the USA are the worst...  Taylor Twellman, Judy Foudy, Alejandro Moreno, & Alexi Lalas are the Four Horsemen of the Shitty Soccer Commentator Apocalypse. Thank God NBC does not employ any of these clowns and I only have to deal with them every two years for the Euros and WC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Lovely goal although the keeper should have saved it.

This pitch is dreadful incidentally. It looks like they've just glued grass clippings on it. De Bruyne falling over saw huge chunks of grass going everywhere.

They are playing at that silly Olympic stadium rather than on one of the 2 really good stadiums in the city that belongs to Sevilla and Betis. Awful pitch and enormous running tracks.

One reason as to why the game has been so pedestrian might be that it's been almost 35 °C in Seville and it's still quite hot.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s the power and the swerve that did him. He’s shifted his weight to the right, then before he’s realised it’s swerving the other way it’s in the net. Probably should have saved it but it was an absolute rocket.

and the bend was late as well so very difficult to save

Just now, sne said:

They are playing at that silly Olympic stadium rather than on one of the 2 really good stadiums in the city that belongs to Sevilla and Betis. Awful pitch and enormous running tracks.

One reason as to why the game has been so pedestrian might be that it's been almost 35 °C in Seville and it's still quite hot.

Hottest city in europe as the fun fact for the day 

Didn't realise it wasn't sevillas stadium though, that's weird, what happened to bilbao? 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wow. 

England have a very easy road to the final if they beat Germany. 

Us Swedes will get our revenge XD

(assuming a lot of things...)

Edited by osmark86

Â