Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not pretty watching Southgate teams, and obviously would prefer us some o be more attacking. But we have got to a euros quarters, easing past Germany in the process without conceding a goal. For that he deserves some credit.

The smallest amount of credit, shithousery defensive football when we have the players with the ability and experience to blow anybody away.

Pundits calling Jack an impact sub dont know what they are talking about either. Jesus even fans that hate him every week know he's one of the best England have got

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

How can Sterling have a terrible first touch at this level? His goals mask a lot of what he gets wrong 

That's the long, short and tall of it. He's the luckiest man alive because minus the 3 goals his tournament has been an absolute horror show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He forgot to stick a finger up his arse then his and eat it.

coach champion GIF

He needs to start wearing gloves or something, preferably mittens. 

Just now, sidcow said:

He needs to start wearing gloves or something, preferably mittens. 

Thankfully that's him done the dirty fecker. Even if he didn't quit he would have been sacked after one win in 7 tournament games.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He made one mistake but I thought it was one of his best games in an England shirt and Im not a fan 

But he was constantly running into the defence.  Beat a man or two looking flash then get tackled by the third. 

Constantly failing to pass to men in space and instead go on a headless chicken run.  I can't imagine what you possibly saw that impressed you. 

My wife is no football expert but she said "Grealish comes on, then it's 2-0 - say no more".

Still won't start the next game though.

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yaremchuk looks a pretty tidy player

Been thinking this since the first game. Be suprised if he doesn't move to a bigger league soon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I thought Sterling was OK until there were a couple defenders in front of him. 

Kane was much worse I thought. Regardless of him poaching a goal his lack of fitness will continue to cause issues.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

A few tweets asking why Grealish is getting so much hype for passing the ball across the box.

Some fans are rather thick.

image.png.2566e0123d6a9775f35c9a7fa2310bf3.png

58 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Absolutely flabbergasted - only word for it - by how bad Germany were. I've been watching tourneys since the Berlin wall came down and I have never, ever, seen them play that poorly.

Yep, a more progressive team would have destroyed them. 

Â