Soft drinks

Xela

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Don't know if it lasted into the '90s but definitely in the '80s

Definitely 80's when I worked there, along with "It's McDonalds Cola is that Ok?" whenever anybody asked for Coca Cola or Pepsi Cola.

• Like 3

Tried mystery flavour Fanta tonight

i think it’s some form of water melon flavour but it’s not exactly a classic

the coke zero intergalactic I mentioned the other week is in my local Tesco now , they’ve tucked it right out the way and looks like they’ve sold 2 cans so far 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Tried mystery flavour Fanta tonight

i think it’s some form of water melon flavour but it’s not exactly a classic

the coke zero intergalactic I mentioned the other week is in my local Tesco now , they’ve tucked it right out the way and looks like they’ve sold 2 cans so far 

I think it was you who recommended that intergalactic coke. It’s bloody lovely stuff. Thought it would just be a gimmick and really was not expecting it to be that nice, but blimey it’s good stuff. 

On 22/04/2022 at 09:06, GarethRDR said:

These things are amazing, and I say that as someone who's hated all the root beer I've ever tried.

Soda Folk Root Beer (24 x 330ml cans), Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly, 100%  Natural Ingredients : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Design your own can too 😘

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think it was you who recommended that intergalactic coke. It’s bloody lovely stuff. Thought it would just be a gimmick and really was not expecting it to be that nice, but blimey it’s good stuff. 

cant remember if I posted at the time but 2 of the ingredients are carrot and blackcurrant 

I think the plan is to release different variants so intergalactic will only be on the shelves for a short while… next one is called “starlight “

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 09:06, GarethRDR said:

These things are amazing, and I say that as someone who's hated all the root beer I've ever tried.

How many root beers do you have to try before you say 'no thanks I don't like root beer'?

I've had one, ever. It was absolutely revolting. Like almost puke gag revolting. I will quite happily never try one again. And it wasn't a bad root beer (confirmed by others in the group). I just don't like the flavour, and it's quite a polarising drink by all accounts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

cant remember if I posted at the time but 2 of the ingredients are carrot and blackcurrant 

I think the plan is to release different variants so intergalactic will only be on the shelves for a short while… next one is called “starlight “

Finally found one, after 10 days of looking they sell them at whsmith at brum Airport 

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tried the lime pepsi max, didn't do a whole lot for me, inferior to the other flavours and way off pepsi max lemon which you seemingly can't get in the UK 

Purchased an 8-pack from B&M the other day. Not too bad. Think I prefer the standard Pepsi Max though.

• Like 1

My own concoction that doesn’t seem to have made it to market yet is Apple juice and PepsiMax 

They’ve done just about every other fruit so not sure why they haven’t got around to Apple yet  , but I liked it …. Mind you I’m also the bloke that thinks dipping sausages in a chocolate fountain is food  heaven 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

My own concoction that doesn’t seem to have made it to market yet is Apple juice and PepsiMax 

They’ve done just about every other fruit so not sure why they haven’t got around to Apple yet  , but I liked it …. Mind you I’m also the bloke that thinks dipping sausages in a chocolate fountain is food  heaven 

100% this

I think they've done it in the states but it seems so obvious that I'm guessing it's not actually good

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Mind you I’m also the bloke that thinks dipping sausages in a chocolate fountain is food  heaven 

Good. That's the last I'll hear about the "Wembley food incident", then.

• Haha 1

Â