Soft drinks

Xela

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And fwiw I can go a few months without a beer (as I'm sat drinking...) 

Two days without a coke and I can feel it, I can push past it but I can feel it, I get the mid afternoon twitch at work 

I don’t feel like that about any food or drink, I think. I have a “ooh I could murder a cuppa” feeling when I haven’t had a tea in a while. But nothing beyond that.

If cola didn’t exist, I’d probably just have lemonade. I’d probably miss it more as a mixer. 

Full fat coke seems abnormal to me at this stage in life. I just prefer the taste of zero it's my go to on school nights before the weekend. Then, I drink 8 litres of white wine and murder Bulgarian prostitutes.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Fat Pepsi in a 2L bottle has sugar and artificial sweeteners. Fat Pepsi from a dispenser, ie pubs and fast food joints, doesn't have artificial sweeteners. Not looked at fat Pepsi cans.

Fat Coke 2L has seemingly gone, replaced by a shrinkflated 1.75L. Had a can of fat Coke with a meal in the week. That was unchanged -Full sugar ahead.

Tried fat Barr cola, another sugar and artificial sweeteners car crash. Didn't like the Fever Tree fat cola either. Had hoped the stevia sweetened Green Cola was going to be as good as their sour cherry, sadly it wasn't.

What I'm taking from this half arsed anecdotal survey - Fat Coke in cans is the way to go for occasional drinkers and as a superior mixer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Xela said:

On sale in Sainsburys today (in bottle form)

317382-cocacolalemonduo-618820-crop.jpg

Ooh...do you think they'd let me back in or do I still have to Lidl it over the road ?

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Ooh...do you think they'd let me back in or do I still have to Lidl it over the road ?

As long as you wear trousers and don't drive a big SUV, you should be ok. 

• Haha 1

Â