Soft drinks

Xela

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You should do the dollop of ice cream, admittedly only done it a few times myself 

I can imagine that it doesn't work with a lot of drinks but floaters are good, had a root beer floater at an A&W restaurant and it was incredible 

Will do pal, I don't go that often anymore, food at TGI's has dropped off from what it used to be and theyve also stopped doing the Jack Daniels glaze, damnit.

• Shocked 1

I used to drink several Mountain Dew's a day but now can't stand the taste of it.

Whenever I do drink a Pepsi or Coke product it is usually of the zero sugar type.

Really though when I eat, I usually do so with a beer or water or something like ginger ale or cream soda.

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Will do pal, I don't go that often anymore, food at TGI's has dropped off from what it used to be and theyve also stopped doing the Jack Daniels glaze, damnit.

What?!

jack-nicholson-rage.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Discovered a new flavour today 

for someone that doesn’t like fruit it’s not terrible … very sweet and you get the mint aftertaste after you drink it 

DEF8ED8C-D532-4253-9960-2ADBE15F8494.jpeg

By coincidence, I accidentally bought a Raspeberry Pepsi Max today and thought it was very good.

Wouldn’t have bought it deliberately, thought it was the standard one, grabbed from a shelf at a petrol station.

On 30/10/2021 at 18:13, Big Salad said:

I used to drink several Mountain Dew's a day but now can't stand the taste of it.

Whenever I do drink a Pepsi or Coke product it is usually of the zero sugar type.

Really though when I eat, I usually do so with a beer or water or something like ginger ale or cream soda.

British MD is shit. American MD is the best. We used to get that version over here, not sure what or why it was changed. 94ish we used to get the good stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

British MD is shit. American MD is the best. We used to get that version over here, not sure what or why it was changed. 94ish we used to get the good stuff.

At a guess the yanks put some ingredients that are banned in the EU, probably GM stuff

Brexit should mean we are now free to get the proper stuff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Discovered a new flavour today 

for someone that doesn’t like fruit it’s not terrible … very sweet and you get the mint aftertaste after you drink it 

DEF8ED8C-D532-4253-9960-2ADBE15F8494.jpeg

Where from? I'll hunt that down next week

Looked everywhere for that special coca cola with no joy

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

At a guess the yanks put some ingredients that are banned in the EU, probably GM stuff

I think you are right up to a point, I doubt its GM stuff though, more likely napalm

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Funnily enough, @Chindie mentioned this in a post in the trivia thread last year

In April 2009 a man filed a lawsuit against Pepsi after having bought a can of Mountain Dew a month before. The lawsuit was brought because the man alleged that, after having taken a swig, he poured the can into a cup, and discovered a dead mouse had been in it.

He lost the lawsuit. 

So? Guy fakes an incident to sue corporation, gets found out, what's interesting about that?

Well, the interesting thing is what formed part of the defence Pepsi put forward. Pepsi knew when the can had been made, which meant they knew when the mouse would have been in the can from. They then put forward an expert who was able to calculate that had the mouse been in the can since it was produced the liquid would have dissolved the mouse into a rubber, jelly like mass. Indeed, the expert argued, it's bones would have dissolved within a week of being submerged.

Ultimately the defence also put forward arguments that the mouse was born after the can was produced and it had been dead for some time before it had gone into the liquid. But it's a very bizarre thing to see a corporation argue in court that their drink will quickly dissolve a body.

As a bonus bit of Mountain Dew trivia, until recently the US version of the drink contained an ingredient called brominated vegetable oil. BVO is used as an emulsifier, effectively preventing the drink from splitting. What's so bad about that? Well, it's banned in various countries because it causes thyroid problems (mostly relating to the absorption of iodine). It's also been patented as a flame retardant, and related chemicals are actually used to improve flame resistance in plastics. Pepsi finally replaced it in the ingredients last year, though still produces a classic version apparently, for those that hate their thyroid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â