Soft drinks

Xela

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

still an odd thing to be outraged about though...

Odd thing not to be enraged about in my opinion 

Let this lie and they'll be changing the name of Marathon and Opal Fruits next 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because it's been lilt since I was a child. I'm 53. Why do they need to change it now?

Rebranding is shit, just promote the product that everyone knows.  I can understand it if something has happened to destroy the current brand name but I just get annoyed about change for changes sake.

Some bloke has charged them a stupid fee to advise them on this pissing away yet more money unecessarily.

It's like when they change a pub name that's been the same for 100 years or if they decided to rename us Birmingham United. Different levels of upset but still frigging annoying.

Absolutely, I sit here looking at my LG phone on EE, eying up that snickers and bag of starburst. I know there is no way that I can get used to brand names changing.

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Absolutely, I sit here looking at my LG phone on EE, eying up that snickers and bag of starburst. I know there is no way that I can get used to brand names changing.

Snickers is the shittest name ever. Nothing should be called snickers... Except maybe a horse. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seems I'm the only person in the world to lament the demise of lilt. 

I feel your pain ,I still miss marathon bars  , that mix of peanuts and nougat  , nothing like it on the market now 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Because it's been lilt since I was a child. I'm 53. Why do they need to change it now?

Rebranding is shit, just promote the product that everyone knows.  I can understand it if something has happened to destroy the current brand name but I just get annoyed about change for changes sake.

Some bloke has charged them a stupid fee to advise them on this pissing away yet more money unecessarily.

It's like when they change a pub name that's been the same for 100 years or if they decided to rename us Birmingham United. Different levels of upset but still frigging annoying.

Rebranding outright is shite, absorbing it in to the more successful fanta brand makes sense though, will save them money and boost sales

Would be interesting to know who is actually aware of sprite and fanta being coca cola products let alone lilt

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would be interesting to know who is actually aware of sprite and fanta being coca cola products let alone lilt

It's what i do for a living , so I do :)  I'm always fun at parties when i tell people that Pepsi own  Mountain Dew  ( and Tropicana  and Quaker ) 

on a totally  unrelated subject , does anyone have any tips on how to pass time  when you find yourself alone in the kitchen at  parties 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It's what i do for a living , so I do :)  I'm always fun at parties when i tell people that Pepsi own  Mountain Dew  ( and Tropicana  and Quaker ) 

on a totally  unrelated subject , does anyone have any tips on how to pass time  when you find yourself alone in the kitchen at  parties 

swap all the bags round in the cereal packets 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing that really annoyed me with the Opal Fruits rebranding was that they changed the recipe, they became much harder and not only that they eventually dicked about with the flavours too

Lemon, Lime, Strawberry and Orange. They were distinct flavours and getting rid of Lime was particularly egregious, that was my favourite.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

The thing that really annoyed me with the Opal Fruits rebranding was that they changed the recipe, they became much harder and not only that they eventually dicked about with the flavours too

Lemon, Lime, Strawberry and Orange. They were distinct flavours and getting rid of Lime was particularly egregious, that was my favourite.

Yep, lime was definitely the best flavour 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd go further than that!

Coca cola own Costa coffee which tends to shock people

Pepsi own loads, doritos, KFC / taco bell / pizza hut, walkers crisps, I'm sure they're one of if not the biggest food and drinks companies in the world

Pepsi don't own KFC  , Pizza Hut etc any more , they sold it many many years ago  ..it's owned by Yum .. They  do have a "lifetime" contract with Pepsi , which is why they sell Pepsi drinks in their chains rather than coke 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Anytime you want to talk about toilet paper production and the various methods, get me that invite.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Anytime you want to talk about toilet paper production and the various methods, get me that invite.

Going OT

Reminded me I saw some save the planet super duper bamboo toilet paper in a farm shop over Xmas

I did a project in London years ago at a business kickstarter space and this bamboo company were just getting started and had provided the space with free toilet paper

It might be better for the planet long term but it's definitley not better for your u-bend and foul drainage.... Doesn't break down, had to get it rodded

Hope you don't work for them

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT

Reminded me I saw some save the planet super duper bamboo toilet paper in a farm shop over Xmas

I did a project in London years ago at a business kickstarter space and this bamboo company were just getting started and had provided the space with free toilet paper

It might be better for the planet long term but it's definitley not better for your u-bend and foul drainage.... Doesn't break down, had to get it rodded

Hope you don't work for them

Think they involve Panda in their brand.

You will probably not be astounded of the reach social media has for alternative sources.

Not my company, we’re still cutting down trees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

:wave:

I do! Only because of the spinner yo-yos that were the rage when I was a kid at junior school 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Pepsi don't own KFC  , Pizza Hut etc any more , they sold it many many years ago  ..it's owned by Yum .. They  do have a "lifetime" contract with Pepsi , which is why they sell Pepsi drinks in their chains rather than coke 

Lets not even go into international distribution rights of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up products, which are split between Pepsi, Coca-Cola and Dr Pepper themselves depending on the state/country. 

🥱

Â