Soft drinks

Xela

14 hours ago, bickster said:

The thing that really annoyed me with the Opal Fruits rebranding was that they changed the recipe, they became much harder and not only that they eventually dicked about with the flavours too

Lemon, Lime, Strawberry and Orange. They were distinct flavours and getting rid of Lime was particularly egregious, that was my favourite.

I was searching the web to see if I could find any tenuous link to Lime Opal fruits  and the Beatles to annoy you with , when I found out that Murray Walker wrote the slogan “Opal fruits , made to make your mouth water “ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I was searching the web to see if I could find any tenuous link to Lime Opal fruits  and the Beatles to annoy you with , when I found out that Murray Walker wrote the slogan “Opal fruits , made to make your mouth water “ 

True story. For years I thought it was "Opal Fruits, made of Mickey Mouse water" 

• Haha 2

On 14/02/2023 at 18:08, bickster said:

The thing that really annoyed me with the Opal Fruits rebranding was that they changed the recipe, they became much harder and not only that they eventually dicked about with the flavours too

Lemon, Lime, Strawberry and Orange. They were distinct flavours and getting rid of Lime was particularly egregious, that was my favourite.

On 14/02/2023 at 18:15, sidcow said:

Yep, lime was definitely the best flavour 

https://www.ladbible.com/community/starburst-old-name-opal-fruits-bandm-908302-20230218

Nostalgic Brits are heading to B&M as Opal Fruits have returned to shelves

Opal.webp

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

no, was advertised on brum airports BK drinks machine but they didnt have it

so instead i had peach sprite which for me maybe because it was the light version was a bit like flavoured sparkling water and strawberry dr pepper which rarely for me was full fat and i could tell! that was alright, probably a bit too much going on

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Yep, tried it last week, certainly a shock to the system. By my reckoning, blueberry and vanilla, it certainly shouts down your mouth

It definitely has a vanilla/cream soda thing going on, but you are right there is a fruity edge to it. I would have gone with strawberries and cream/ice cream, but then my taste buds are f***ed.

19 hours ago, bickster said:

Has anyone tried the mystery Fanta yet?

not sure if its a clue but the the ingredients are

Carbonated Water, Acids (Malic Acid, Citric Acid), Lemon Juice from Concentrate (1%), Natural Flavourings, Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Polyphosphates, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate), Sweeteners (Cyclamates, Acesulfame K, Sucralose), Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate), Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates (Sweet Potato, Apple, Radish, Cherry), Colour (Brilliant Blue FCF)

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Why would anybody put all that shit in their body?

Because I was f***ing thirsty after moving house all week and in desperate need at a petrol station.

Probably one of about 4 fizzy pops I'll have all year

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

have you confused this with the vegan thread ?  :) 

I'll eat and drink pretty much anything as you know mate, but there are limits!

On 13/04/2023 at 10:59, Risso said:

Why would anybody put all that shit in their body?

Who wants to live forever?! 

Â