Soft drinks

Xela

4 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You'd also struggle to find root beer. Dandelion and burdock would be your closest equivalent and I'm not sure any bars even stock that now.

Both absolute filth anyway.

They used to sell Root Beer in Waitrose, not sure if they still do though

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I haven’t touched Dandelion and Burdock since my first cub camp when one of my fellow cubs drank a litre bottle to himself and promptly shat himself in his sleeping bag overnight…

Strange, I really thought the lyrics to 'Suck It and See' went differently to this, but there we are.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I haven’t touched Dandelion and Burdock since my first cub camp when one of my fellow cubs drank a litre bottle to himself and promptly shat himself in his sleeping bag overnight…

Sorry about that mate. I still think it was the dodgy cheese sandwich I had. 

• Haha 2

Didn't McDonalds do root beer in the 90s in this country? Might have been when they were doing some of their special promotions?

35 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

These things are amazing, and I say that as someone who's hated all the root beer I've ever tried.

Soda Folk Root Beer (24 x 330ml cans), Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly, 100%  Natural Ingredients : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Craft pop!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I can still recall the smell and the sight of his sleeping bag and clothes drying off on the guy ropes 

never touched it again! 

Dandelion and Burdock is a weird one (scatological misadventures aside); when I were a nipper, we routinely had the Sodastream variety and it was lovely, yet any/all canned varieties I've ever tried (from Barr up to Fentimans) I've found disgusting. Which is the polar opposite experience of every other Sodastream flavour.

Maybe that's the rub; both pure D&B and Sodastream are so naff on their own that together, they cancel each other out and you're left with a passable drink.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You'd also struggle to find root beer. Dandelion and burdock would be your closest equivalent and I'm not sure any bars even stock that now.

Both absolute filth anyway.

wash your mouth out! love root beer, this is probably the easiest to find and its pretty good

See the source image

whats harder to find is A&W who do the best root beer imo and a decent cream soda, also if you find yourself in canada they have a fast food chain which from memory was really good and did proper root beer floaters (dollop of ice cream on top)

No photo description available.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Didn't McDonalds do root beer in the 90s in this country? Might have been when they were doing some of their special promotions?

Don't know if it lasted into the '90s but definitely in the '80s

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

A&W who do the best root beer imo and a decent cream soda

Virgil's Cream Soda is the tippy-top for me.  Just a shame it's a) so bloody expensive and b) so hard to get hold of.

Virgil's Handcrafted Vanilla Cream Soda - 12fl.oz (355ml) - American Fizz

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I remember trying it once at Mcdonalds and it tasted like liquid germolene 🤮

38 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Virgil's Cream Soda is the tippy-top for me.  Just a shame it's a) so bloody expensive and b) so hard to get hold of.

Virgil's Handcrafted Vanilla Cream Soda - 12fl.oz (355ml) - American Fizz

I had a glass at TGI's a couple of months ago and loved it, just been looking on Amazon and found the one in your pic, as you say it's expensive but I've ordered it, **** it, it's only money.

• Like 1

Â