Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Hope we're not pinning our hopes on an 18 year old.

It could be pretty disastrous sticking an 18-year old in our midfield when we are crying out for leadership in there. We really need to sign a captain for that part of the team. Then you can stick players like Sarr and Chukwuemeka in there. I don’t think any of McGinn, Nakamba or Luiz are leaders in that regard. No idea about Sanson.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It could be pretty disastrous sticking an 18-year old in our midfield when we are crying out for leadership in there. We really need to sign a captain for that part of the team. Then you can stick players like Sarr and Chukwuemeka in there. I don’t think any of McGinn, Nakamba or Luiz are leaders in that regard. No idea about Sanson.

All things seem to be pointing to JWP at the moment. Think that'll go to deadline day if we're serious.

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Yeah i agree and Sanson doesn’t look like he would that player also, we need someone 21+ with a few years experience at least to replace Luiz and move to the bench, Luiz is then capable of coming on for that new DM and Mcginn imo, trying to think if we need another player other than that or will that cause too much headache with selection and players expecting to play.

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Other midfielders are available. Whoever we sign I’m expecting more rotation this season just because we’ll have options to do so. Sarr could definitely add to those - imo.

Yeah i think any DM we sign should be with better potential than Luiz, where then Luiz steps in as rotation, Sarr is quality but can he do the job now

Allegedly going to Spurs, sale has become pretty urgent for Metz and they've dropped the price to €10m + €5m in add ons.

About £12m total. If he's as promising as everyone seems to think it'll be really disappointing to miss out for him at that price. 

Â