Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

He work his socks off defensively and is helpful when we are trying to see out a game or are under relentless pressure such as against at the top 4-6 teams but we also struggled against other opposition such as Southampton. And that’s because we lacked form, consistency and quality & composure on the ball. Must improve ball retention and build up play.

Defence, pressure, interceptions, blocks - Nakamba is great at. But he lacks physical presence and can be outmuscled or overpowered.

The rest of his game is, frankly, abysmal.

If we want to do better and be better, we simply must have a stronger, more consistent and higher quality midfield. I can see Sanson, McGinn and Luiz producing quality performances and hitting form but they have a more complete or varied skill set. Luiz will need time most of all (after a busy time with Brazil and late return to the club), so we need someone ready to dominate at DM for us initially…

I can’t see Nakamba all of a sudden having new attributes in his play. Again, fine as a reserve but should not be a starter… occasionally is fine but not regularly.

A new DM such as Boubacar Kamara would be most welcome indeed…

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If our interest has indeed died down then I guess this signing won't Matar.

I wouldn’t think so, the DM at Marseille is apparently available for just 20m now. He is supposed to be really good and is only 23

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Supposed to be really good’, ‘Only £20m’ 

This is the analysis I join VillaTalk for 👌

I could look up the stats but everyone seems to know him and he was rated as double that last year.

People don’t understand how bad Ligue 1 finances really are.

Each club was expecting gate receipts and 10’s of millions more in TV revenue.

Now they have signed a new tv deal with Amazon for less than the deal before the one that broke down so even less again.

Now I've just thought of a good song for him I'm angry he's not signing

"You are... our Matar Sarr

A Holte ender treasure...

Action... thriller..."

to Cinema remix by Skrillex

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Surely his song should be along the lines of:

Pape Matar Sarr, that is who you are 
Comin' from afar, reachin' for the stars
Run all day with me, to another place 
We can rely on each other, uh-huh From one corner, to another, uh-huh

Barely have to change it, really.

Edited by the_eristic
  • Like 1

Got a feeling this is gonna happen but very late in the window. 

French football going bankrupt so might be Villa playing super hardball. 

GFFN saying French football ligue 1 are 1 billion euros in the hole and plan to recoup 850mill from player sales. 

They've yet to report on Metz's personal financial issues but I imagine they must need to recoup atleast some. 

Sell Nakamba, loan out Ramsey…

Sign B. Kamara, and add this kid if a reasonable deal can be reached… or just allow Luiz to compete and rotate with Kamara if he’s still deemed a DM or DLP.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Got a feeling this is gonna happen but very late in the window. 

French football going bankrupt so might be Villa playing super hardball. 

GFFN saying French football ligue 1 are 1 billion euros in the hole and plan to recoup 850mill from player sales. 

They've yet to report on Metz's personal financial issues but I imagine they must need to recoup atleast some. 

Sigh just seen Sarr yet another player "linked" with us that signed 5 year contract late 2020

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sigh just seen Sarr yet another player "linked" with us that signed 5 year contract late 2020

He signed for Metz in September on a 5 Year deal. But as is detailed in so many threads, French Football finances are in a mess. A 5 Year deal means nothing.

52 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Skrillex on this Forum?

disgusted face GIF

Ok boomer 

P.S. I'm 45 but that's Gen X

Me and mate few years ago used to listen to Cinema Skrillex in car before 7 a side to get in the zone :lol:

Edited by Kiwivillan

• 4 weeks later...
Â