Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

Looks like he is keen to stay at Metz for another season … 

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/06/24/metz-star-with-interest-from-aston-villa-everton-and-newcastle-but-clear-on-future-desire/514857/

However, it appears interested parties in the midfielder have been dealt a blow as he revealed he intends on staying at Metz for another season and help them maintain their top flight status.

Sarr added that he dreams of winning trophies with Les Grenats next season while he aims to become a more lethal presence in front of goal.

“At FC Metz, our first objective is to keep the team in Ligue 1”, Sarr told L’Equipe.

“But winning trophies with them is also part of my ambitions for next season.

Obviously a lot will happen between now and the end of August so who knows … 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/06/24/metz-star-with-interest-from-aston-villa-everton-and-newcastle-but-clear-on-future-desire/514857/

Sign and loan him back then. We did it with Guilbert for half a season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

There was never anything in this...  2+2 = 5 by looking at Instagram account likes...

Or maybe we enquired and his agent told him we was interested so he 'researched' us... And we got carried away. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Or maybe we enquired and his agent told him we was interested so he 'researched' us... And we got carried away. 

or maybe he's just a fan...

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

That just looks like a stock response from a footballer asked questions by a jurno 

• 2 weeks later...

As posted in the Summe Speculation thread:

Translates to "negotiations with Villa have been suspended as we did not offer enough."

Pape Sarr is still with the Senegalese National Team at the moment I believe.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The journalist replied that the deal isn’t dead as we could simply come back with a new offer, but shows we won’t get fleeced 

Yup. He said negotiations not completely closed and that we had offered less than 20m Euros (but no specifics).

I think this is just haggling (French TV revenue drop this season means clubs are trying their hardest to get the best up front value they can) and will eventually happen, sometime after the COSAFA Cup has ended, so perhaps here more concrete news towards the end of July.

Remember the summer transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, like in the old days. They scrapped the "closing before season begins" variation as many clubs complained.

On 06/07/2021 at 13:27, Wes said:

Yup. He said negotiations not completely closed and that we had offered less than 20m Euros (but no specifics).

I think this is just haggling (French TV revenue drop this season means clubs are trying their hardest to get the best up front value they can) and will eventually happen, sometime after the COSAFA Cup has ended, so perhaps here more concrete news towards the end of July.

Remember the summer transfer window doesn't close until the end of August, like in the old days. They scrapped the "closing before season begins" variation as many clubs complained.

I understood that the the issue for us was that Luiz won't be back until after the season starts so we were keen to get a DCM in for the start of the season??

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I understood that the the issue for us was that Luiz won't be back until after the season starts so we were keen to get a DCM in for the start of the season??

And he will be totally knackered having had no rest with both the Copa and the Olympics and no real pre-season. Then Nakamba goes away for a month to play in the AFCON in January. We need another CM/DCM, not sure Sarr was the one but we need one.

1 minute ago, sne said:

And he will be totally knackered having had no rest with both the Copa and the Olympics and no real pre-season. Then Nakamba goes away for a month to play in the AFCON in January. We need another CM/DCM, not sure Sarr was the one but we need one.

yeah, we need a new DM really critically.......

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

We had a DCM end of last season that did ok

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We had a DCM end of last season that did ok

Ok is not good enough. To climb that league table, we’re going to need players with less limitations, more quality and consistency.

We need to improve the team and squad otherwise we’ll either stand still or fall away. Don’t forget that other teams will strengthen too and won’t want to accept mediocrity or failure or be seen or judged to be doing so…

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sne said:

Agreed, we need a stronger squad to handle disruptions & absences (injury, suspensions, fatigue, call ups) but also to kick on this season, we want that European spot.

We should be able to cope without Traore for a bit at least. Looks like we’re continuing to try and strengthen in forward/attacking areas.

And if anyone doesn’t understand Nakamba’s limitations, well just see below. A useful member of the squad who works hard defensively but I wouldn’t like to see him consistently start games, that would concern me. He’s 27, can’t see him improving all that drastically either.

We surely don’t want to be playing on the back foot as much and under relentless pressure in games so we need progressive players who are calm, confident and have quality on the ball and in the pass… we need to keep a hold of it better and carve out opportunities.

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

Â