Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would like to sign him now. He looks a good prospect. But for the reported 30m/40m I think the money would be better spent fixing the issues we have this season and not buying potential for a few years down the road. If we can afford to buy for this season and invest for the future then great. If we can only afford one or the other then I can't see why we should invest in Sarr as future potential

Yes I see that logic. But we have invested considerable funds on players who may not be first team regulars , AT , Young,  maybe even Ings  -So we have doubled up on those positions - but seem to have a gaping hole in the first team at DM. 

• Like 1

No pre cursor obviously, but 17 year old Jude Bellingham has done alright with a seasons championship behind him so wouldn't be too worried about his suitability if he were to sign. If you are good enough then age isn’t a factor. We can obviously afford the fee if we wanted, the issue could be his wage demands and how that fits into our current structure. 

Edited by thabucks

I got dragged for suggesting this a week or so ago, but.. if JWP isn’t getable and we could pick up Sarr and Doucoure for approx £50-55m, we’d be absolutely set in midfield for years. 

Sarr - Doucoure - Chukwuemeka all developing together as a midfield core has unbelievable potential. 

• Like 4

Just now, Awol said:

I got dragged for suggesting this a week or so ago, but.. if JWP isn’t getable and we could pick up Sarr and Doucoure for approx £50-55m, we’d be absolutely set in midfield for years. 

Sarr - Doucoure - Chukwuemeka all developing together as a midfield core has unbelievable potential. 

Agreed but it's a lot of expectation to throw their way all in one go as whoever we sign for £50m whether it be one or two players needs to revolutionise our midfield this season. I'd be worried about their development if fans got on their case this season and two young lads from.the French league isn't a guaranteed success Year 1 in the Prem, and we need something to sort us this year.

I agree your plan is more exciting than JWP for £50m though. But I could also see the logic in going for JWP (even if I don't think he's the right player for us)

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Daffy Duck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agreed but it's a lot of expectation to throw their way all in one go as whoever we sign for £50m whether it be one or two players needs to revolutionise our midfield this season. I'd be worried about their development if fans got on their case this season and two young lads from.the French league isn't a guaranteed success Year 1 in the Prem, and we need something to sort us this year.

I agree your plan is more exciting than JWP for £50m though. But I could also see the logic in going for JWP (even if I don't think he's the right player for us)

I think JWP is as if not more unlikely than Sarr. - probably best to forget at both of them.   I reckon we might loan a couple of midfielders.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

But also a massive risk of failure because potential isnt guaranteed to eventually happen.

Edited by nick76

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But also a massive risk of failure because potential isnt guaranteed to eventually happen.

As the man said, if you want guarantees buy a toaster. 

• Confused 1

Â