Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also the small matter of finishing above us for about 15 years.

Maybe, had a conversation with a load of them in the Witton Arms the year after we won the European Cup, same attitude then in all fairness as my parody quote above

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Amen to that. I'd rather we gave Chuk a go than spend £15m on someone the same age as him (well, 11 months older). Iroegbunam is a month older than Sarr. 

but from what I can gather Carney and Sarr are a different kind of midfielder, with contrasting attributes.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wanted ilaix Moriba more anyhow … 

I like the fact he's after a €100k a week pay-rise considering Barca's perilous financial situation! 

From what I've read of Sarr the closet player we have to him is Iroegbunam and don't get it twisted, Iroegbunam is a promising player in his own right, you don't win Albion's academy player of the year if you're not decent, despite the amount of players we've taken from them they still have a lot of very good youngsters.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but from what I can gather Carney and Sarr are a different kind of midfielder, with contrasting attributes.

I've seen Sarr being described at both a defensive, a box to box and an attacking midfielder! 

I think people get too hung up on stuff like DCM or DLP or 6's and 8's and pivots and double pivots. It's just the latest fad to describe midfield players. It used to be regista or trequartista or mezzala.

A good central midfielder is a good central midfielder. A lot of players seem to be a combination of everything. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've seen Sarr being described at both a defensive, a box to box and an attacking midfielder! 

I think people get too hung up on stuff like DCM or DLP or 6's and 8's and pivots and double pivots. It's just the latest fad to describe midfield players. It used to be regista or trequartista or mezzala.

A good central midfielder is a good central midfielder. A lot of players seem to be a combination of everything. 

I think its about describing what their main job function is....However, I get your point...even if I think DCM's are nothing new...what was nobby stiles as just one example, what was Des Bremner?....they knew they had to disrupt the opposition and start attacks.

but I would also point out many other clubs in this league have a clear distinction, between the 2 functions, even if their players can do a bit of both.

as just one example....Rice and Soucek, leave us in doubt what they are.....sure they can attack too, no one is saying the sought after player, shouldn't, but their main objective is crystal clear.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The fee for Sarr is €12m.

Seems cheap.

It is if he is a good player?....so many bullets to dodge in europe.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Still has legs maybe? Not done at all. Still others in the running. 

I hope we have a chance. This kid is class and can play any role in midfield. If he signed for us, even though he is very young, he would force his way in. Class player.

Â