Euro 2020 : Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

BOF

Not quite sure how the Hummel's tackle wasn't a penalty.

He literally slid through from behind and between Mbappe's legs, the faintest touch on the ball but simultaneous with Mbappe's back leg. I thought you couldn't tackle from behind anymore?

• Like 1

Was the assistant referee just admiring Mbappe for his disallowed goal and forgot to put up his flag until the ball hit the back of the net. Latest flag I've ever seen

Mbappe looks like he has just put in all the cheat codes. I've never seen a player outpace a defender like that before. It was like Space Jam.

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Not quite sure how the Hummel's tackle wasn't a penalty.

He literally slid through from behind and between Mbappe's legs, the faintest touch on the ball but simultaneous with Mbappe's back leg. I thought you couldn't tackle from behind anymore?

carry on teacher GIF

• Haha 1

UEFA/FIFA... Crimes against humanity, slavery, corruption and whatever else you'd like is OK. As long as you don't meddle with their financial interests from them or their sponsors.

Cristiano Ronaldo Coca-Cola snub no joke for UEFA with Euros players warned not to move sponsors’ products

UEFA has warned that players at Euro 2020 could be fined if they follow Cristiano Ronaldo’s lead and move items supplied by sponsors during press conferences.

During a briefing on Monday, Portugal forward Ronaldo moved two bottles of Coca-Cola off to the side, before holding up a bottle of water and announcing “agua” - the Portuguese word for water.

France midfielder Paul Pogba, a practising Muslim, then removed a bottle of Heineken alcohol-free beer out of shot at a star player press conference sponsored by the brewing company.

UEFA said in a statement: “UEFA has reminded participating teams that partnerships are integral to the delivery of the tournament and to ensuring the development of football across Europe, including for youth and women.”

Asked whether players were contractually obliged to leave the bottles alone, tournament director Martin Kallen added: “They are obliged through their federation of the tournament regulations to follow.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-coca-cola-uefa-warning-b941212.html

• Like 1

Maybe don’t try to sneak products into shot then? Putting the Heineken 0.0 in-front of Pogba seems a very clear attempt to play up that he doesn’t drink and make an association with their alcohol free product. All without asking Pogba if he’s ok with that.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2021 at 17:13, PaulC said:

Griezmann is an integral part of the French team. He puts in so much work. 

Yep, pops up every where and keeps them ticking over, also distributes the ball very quickly allowing them to transition fast, links everything up and always provides an outlet 

He's not in a world beater role for them but what he does he does well

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sne said:

UEFA/FIFA... Crimes against humanity, slavery, corruption and whatever else you'd like is OK. As long as you don't meddle with their financial interests from them or their sponsors.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-coca-cola-uefa-warning-b941212.html

The whole thing doesn’t happen without someone footing the bill though. I can understand the frustration. 

Â