Euro 2020 : Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

BOF

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Other teams know Bellingham is quality too, Wonder what they think, when the manager is not even playing him.

You can bring on Bellingham and Jack or Sancho but Southgate wont bring them all on so teams arent worried. Its actually sad as a football fan to see this waste of talent

• Like 1

15 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think Foden is too young to handle the pressure all on his shoulders... Scotland continually forced him to play safe. They need swagger in that team to liven them all up. Sancho and Jack will give them far more of an attacking threat and bring the swagger with them.

I think Foden has great potential and is a good player but in this set up he is being a bit found out. Getting the ball and space from De Bruyne and Bernardo isnt the same as getting the ball from Rice and Phillips 

• Like 1

Ahhh the old sabre toothed knobend not getting it all his own way with his rolling around moaning faking injury stamping on defenders then collapsing like a missile has struck him to get penalties.

Referees who are actually refereeing the game and not falling for Scumchester United. Seeing him hauled off after 60 minutes was wonderful. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You can bring on Bellingham and Jack or Sancho but Southgate wont bring them all on so teams arent worried. Its actually sad as a football fan to see this waste of talent

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12336734/jadon-sancho-england-manager-gareth-southgate-explains-why-forward-is-struggling-for-chances-at-euro-2020

This is just Bollox from him yet again. It's no different for young lads to play in a international game, especially for the likes of Bellingham and Sancho who play abroad in big teams, with I'm sure more pressure than playing Scotland at Wembley. The young lads just play the game, I think sometimes it effects the older more experienced guys more.

I just wish Southgate would stop with these poor excuses and play an attacking team. He wasted time playing randoms who were not even coming the Euro's and now moaning this has effected there performance, an not having enough time to gel them, when he gave most, an extended rest after Champions League matches. A1 hypocrite, an he is cracking.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12336734/jadon-sancho-england-manager-gareth-southgate-explains-why-forward-is-struggling-for-chances-at-euro-2020

This is just Bollox from him yet again. It's no different for young lads to play in a international game, especially for the likes of Bellingham and Sancho who play abroad in big teams, with I'm sure more pressure than playing Scotland at Wembley. The young lads just play the game, I think sometimes it effects the older more experienced guys more.

I just wish Southgate would stop with these poor excuses and play an attacking team. He wasted time playing randoms who were not even coming the Euro's and now moaning this has effected there performance, an not having enough time to gel them, when he gave most, an extended rest after Champions League matches. A1 hypocrite, an he is cracking.

Yep, making problems where there are none. You have to wonder if it’s all projection, given his own cracking under pressure in a tournament.

So because sancho doesn't have tournament experience he would have struggled vs a Scottish opponent with yep you guessed it... No tournament experience... 

Absolute chancer 

When, not if, we go out I just hope its not controversial, nothing VAR, no dive, no individual error, I don't want us getting battered by Germany and some fans still believing we only lost because there was no goal line technology... And its not because of the players or strength of the team either, its all him 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yep, making problems where there are none. You have to wonder if it’s all projection, given his own cracking under pressure in a tournament.

It's going to end up, him taking some of the best young talent in the world, just for the occasion, or experience as he calls it, what a waste. His thinking seems to be very old skool, like the young lads can't handle it.

It seems he may be coming across a little arrogant with the younger, inexperienced players too, an very stubborn, judging them on his experiences playing tournament football, when in reality, things are different now. I don't fall for his bullshit like the media do, I really don't think he is that smart.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

So because sancho doesn't have tournament experience he would have struggled vs a Scottish opponent with yep you guessed it... No tournament experience...

The logic does leave a bit to be desired, doesn't it.

Predictable.

And this is where they want to move the final to...

UEFA will investigate Hungary for racist insults to Mbappé and Benzema

• A journalist has reported that monkey sounds were heard when they touched the ball.

The UEFA open in the next few hours an investigation to determine whether a large group of Hungarian fans racially insulted several players from France, including Kylian Mbappé and Karim Benzema , during the match of two teams (1-1) in the second day of the Group F of the Eurocup .

According to a dpa reporter present at the Puskas Arena in Budapest, monkey sounds were heard during the match when French striker Kylian Mbappé touched the ball. Real Madrid player Karim Benzema, who has Algerian roots, was also insulted.

Dembelé out for the remainder of the tournament for France. But I think Coman will be back in the squad after missing the last game due to his child being born.

Like Lineker said I hope they do it anyway.

UEFA declines to light up Allianz Arena in rainbow colors

Despite activists calling for UEFA to light up Munich's stadium in rainbow colors in support of LGBTQ+ rights, the governing body has declined. One Hungarian activist group said the action "would mean the world."

Fußball EM EURO 2020 in München

Despite increasing calls for UEFA to allow Munich's Allianz Arena to be illuminated in rainbow colors in support of LGBTQ+ rights, the requests have been ignored.

European football's governing body has said it would represent a political statement.

LGBTQ+ activists and the Munich City Council had requested the action for Germany's Euro 2020 match against Hungary on Tuesday, after controversial legislation was passed through the Hungarian parliament banning LGBTQ+ content for minors.

However, they have been left disappointed.

Pressure on UEFA

For Hungary's largest LGBTQ+ organization, the Hatter Society, the support would have been a major boost.

"As [Viktor] Orban and [his ruling party] Fidesz have pumped endless money into football, attempting to revive it again as a source of national pride, having to walk into a stadium illuminated in rainbow colours would be quite ironic," a spokesperson said, referring to over €2 billion ($2.4 billion) invested in football infrastructure in Hungary by the government since 2010.

Sport and politics

Meanwhile, Hungarian foreign minister Peter Szijjarto defended the new law on Monday and said that sporting events had nothing to do with national legislation.

"We have passed this law to protect Hungarian children and Western Europe is now fighting against it," he said. "I find it harmful and dangerous to confuse politics with sport. Historical experience shows that. If anyone, the Germans know this for sure."

Germany international Leon Goretzka, meanwhile, spoke out in support of lighting the stadium, saying it was a "great idea."

https://www.dw.com/en/uefa-declines-to-light-up-allianz-arena-in-rainbow-colors/a-57984014

15 minutes ago, AXD said:

I wonder what UEFA would do if they do it anyway.

Fine Germany/Munich/Bayern as owners of the stadium and make a bigger deal out of it?

Bayern was one of the only teams to stand with UEFA over the Super League, I dont think they will take a fine lightly considering what the other teams had to pay in the end

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Germany win against Hungary and France, Portugal draw. Germany top the group and France play England 

I think France are the team England are least likely to beat in the whole competition, maybe the world. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think France are the team England are least likely to beat in the whole competition, maybe the world. 

Personally I think France, Germany, Belgium and Portugal play England off the park. 

• Like 1

Â