Euro 2020 : Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

BOF

I think Germany have been unlucky tbh. Dominated possession and just getting caught on the counter due to Mbappe's pace. Other than that France haven't been very creative or held the ball well.

That's a penalty for me. And a red.

Got the ball after taking Mbappe out from behind

Edit: Oh actually is it still a red card for stopping a goal scoring opportunity if it's a penalty?

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Is it just me or has VAR been used so much better in this tournament so far compared to how it's used in the PL? 

Absolutely. It’s a lot better.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Is it just me or has VAR been used so much better in this tournament so far compared to how it's used in the PL? 

I say it's been used better in the sense that it's barely being used at all for challenges on the pitch . We're a bit too trigger happy with it in the PL imo. 

VAR is better as it's in the background and looking at everything, none of this stop the game go to the big screen "VAR review" nonsense, it's advising the ref rather than trying to take over

Also think the standard of reffing is miles better, I'm actually shocked at how much better it is 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I say it's been used better in the sense that it's barely being used at all for challenges on the pitch . We're a bit too trigger happy with it in the PL imo. 

Such a good point. The quality of refereeing has also been superb

Been impressed with the ref , some crunching challenges followed by screams like you’ve put a giant spider down your younger sisters back and the ref isn’t buying it 

Classic counter attack. 

France have been patient in allowing Germany plenty of possession safe in the knowledge they can counter at devastating pace.

after typing that, the goals been disallowed 😂

Â