Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not sure how people still haven't seen the message that he got a knock in training and obviously wasn't deemed fit enough to start

That's the reason for this week anyway... Has to start if he's fit, proper pre season and healthy next season he'll be our player of the season 

But how many games has he started in recent weeks ?  - or does he regularly get a knock in training.? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I love the way he does everything at pace. We severely lacked that for so much of the game.

Absolutely. High intensity typified by chasing down their left back on the touch line to get a block in. 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure how people still haven't seen the message that he got a knock in training and obviously wasn't deemed fit enough to start

That's the reason for this week anyway... Has to start if he's fit, proper pre season and healthy next season he'll be our player of the season 

He trained the next day Gerrard said and Watkins didn't train after Liverpool but played 90 minutes 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think like on Tuesday, this is a bit of a stretch. 

There's no conspiracy theory, I think Gerrard thinks that front 3 is his best option. That might change but all this non-existant rotation or that ridiculous concept about this is how you build a competitive team is nonsense. 

Seem to be constantly having some minor injury ahead of the games while at the same time looking our fittest and most positive player when he's eventually subbed on each game.

Weird that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Another stupid consipracy theory to try and put Gerrard in a bad light.

You don't find it strange that a injured player is consistently outperforming our fit players?

Coming in as a sub against tiring players might be part of it but our lack of intensity is concerning to me at least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Another stupid consipracy theory to try and put Gerrard in a bad light.

Tuesday night was the complete opposite. I think there's more conspiracy theories trying to justify why he doesn't play rather than just acknowledge Gerrard is picking what he believes is his best team. 

Buendia was good when he came on, but I didn't think he was any better than Coutinho during that spell, albeit was probably he along with Ramsey that helped Coutinho improve.

He wasn't fit enough to start the game, but fit enough to be named as a sub, so perfectly normal that he would look fine coming on with fifteen minutes left to play against a tiring side.

Just now, useless said:

Buendia was good when he came on, but I didn't think he was any better than Coutinho during that spell, albeit was probably he along with Ramsey that helped Coutinho improve.

He wasn't fit enough to start the game, but fit enough to be named as a sub, so perfectly normal that he would look fine coming on with fifteen minutes left to play against a tiring side.

Debatable and an opinion. 

Lets say he wasnt though, do you think he'd have started if he was fit? Who'd have been dropped after Liverpool?

If this lad is for forced out of Villa Park to get regular game time elsewhere I’m done with Football. Best player I’ve seen in a villa shirt with the exception of ‘him’ for decades, I think he has a higher ceiling than’ him’ as well, Obviously subject to run of starting games

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If this lad is for forced out of Villa Park to get regular game time elsewhere I’m done with Football. Best player I’ve seen in a villa shirt with the exception of ‘him’ for decades, I think he has a higher ceiling than’ him’ as well, Obviously subject to run of starting games

Yes would be a great shame as we havent seen anywhere near the best of him either.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Would be a disastrous move for us, similar to Milner leaving .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Buendia the best of the three by far, but to me it's a crying shame that we have technically gifted players such as Emi, Sanson and Traore - sitting on the damn bench every single game!

• Like 1

Also, I've noticed that Gerrard keeps calling him 'young Emi'. I hope that he's not viewing him as some kid. He's 26 this year, in his prime and must be playing. He's special.

• Like 2

Â