Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think thats it.

I saw an interview with Emi where he basically said...."as soon as i got the ball at Norwich, i didnt need to look up for Pukki, i knew where he would be, i knew he would be running".

I dont think we have a player like that here, maybe bailey could?, i dont think Watkins is a line breaker.

Pukki imo is such an underrated forward, I have a feeling he could almost be a star if he didn’t play for Norwich and Finland. Not saying we should buy him or anything (but theoretically, if we did it would probably be incredible value for money).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not sure what to make of Emi B

I think he has improved since him joining us, but still not totally convinced.

I think he needs to move the ball a bit quicker and maybe decisions need to be more concise/precise.....I don't see those killer passes through the lines he used to do for Pukki at Norwich......maybe its the runners we have not making those same runs.

He is not the biggest of players, so he needs to find a way of not being caught on the ball, so often.

I think for the money, I was hoping for a bit more effectiveness.

He took a while to settle in with a new club, then a change of manager and a few knocks along the way. 

I do think there is a lot in the balance and he could end up on the outside looking in, especially after summer recruitment. He is not Gerrard signing, after all.  

But when he's switched on, he's really exciting to watch. I hope it works out for him at Villa.

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Pukki imo is such an underrated forward, I have a feeling he could almost be a star if he didn’t play for Norwich and Finland. Not saying we should buy him or anything (but theoretically, if we did it would probably be incredible value for money).

His movement is very good. Crespo another forward who had unbelievable movement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

He took a while to settle in with a new club, then a change of manager and a few knocks along the way. 

I do think there is a lot in the balance and he could end up on the outside looking in, especially after summer recruitment. He is not Gerrard signing, after all.  

But when he's switched on, he's really exciting to watch. I hope it works out for him at Villa.

me too.

Yeah I'd never put Ings & Watkins together on the pitch ahead of Buendia.

Please go on and score a couple times now to make this comment look silly 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah I'd never put Ings & Watkins together on the pitch ahead of Buendia.

Please go on and score a couple times now to make this comment look silly 

Why sorry?

Hope he's watching and learning the lad.

Coutinho showing the way releasing the ball very quickly. You can always get it back if you want to.

He's been playing very well of late, but I didn't think he was very good against Watford gave the ball away a lot, and was surprised by the reaction to him getting dropped for the Brighton game, I had a feeling it might happen, but was expecting Bailey to come in for him rather than Ings.

He's also been a little unlucky that the front three was tweaked for tactical reasons against Brighton and once we got the win was always going to be a temptation to keep a winning team, especially when the next game was against Southampton, so there was the Ings against his former club factor and Watkins wasn't going to get dropped either after scoring in the last game, Coutinho also played well last week as well albeit not the kind of performance you'd normally associate with him.

I'm sure he will back in the team soon, besides the Watford game he's been one of our better players recently.

I'm a bit sad he's been benched.  I know coutinho has come in to play that 10 role, but I think he could easily play a slightly deeper role.  I'd play him ahead of Ramsey.  Luiz played better yesterday but up until that game id have argued for him to be dropped and mings dropping into the holding role with buendia coming in.  Buendia is just too good to sit on our bench.

He will get his opportunities, he certainly played his part yesterday, despite the fact we were 4 goals up his energy and hustle really helped in the final 10 mins,  he’s a good player but compared to Coutinho he always seems to be playing at 100 mile per hour, I think he would benefit at times slowing down in possession.

• Like 1

Not sure he'll be starting much given we're going back to two strikers starting every week.

It looked good on paper with him and Coutinho in same team but really aside from Man. United it hasnt looked like working so think he'll have to wait for Coutinho to pick up a knock as balance last two games looked much better against top half opposition.

Â