Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Buendia joined in the summer and has 2 goals and 3 assists in 23 games (22 league)

Grealish left in the summer and has 2 goals and three assists in 24 games (17 league)

Now he was never supposed to be a direct replacement, but comparing the two at the moment... One plays for a top of the table, brushing everyone aside, multiple chances and high possession team. The other plays for a struggling, sacked their manager side that is rarely controlling games.

I think he's doing ok... Buendia is not the problem at all.

Grealish is flopping hard for Man City right now. Buendia having the same output as him isn't supposed to be any kind of credit to him. Neither player's output have been justified by their price tag so far.

To put it into perspective, his current Goals+assists rate is lower for us than El Ghazi's was for us in our first season back in the prem. There's no sugarcoating it, his final output has been poor for a 40m pound player.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 1

He’s played very well in the month before the break. Dipped again since we came back. Loses the ball a lot but also tries to do the right things. He’s a risk/reward type player that will always come in for criticism when we arent getting results. I still think we overpaid, but I hope he has another purple patch in him before the season ends- we’ll certainly need it.

• Like 1

Buendia has really improved in last couple of months. He is creating a lot of chances for the team. The problem right now is his teammates aren't finishing off these chances. 

His goal creating actions are at 0.5 per 90 which is high. This covers his whole season so far with Villa which has been slow to begin with.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

What makes you say that?

You've piqued my intrigue.

It was a daft comment that I take back. What I actually meant was I don’t think he’s quite the quality player we all think he is or can be. He’s decent and a valuable squad member. Just can’t see him being this Argentina regular that we all got excited about him being after a few good games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes, I’m a season ticket holder.  How’s it relevant ?

I’ll rephrase my comment though. He is a very good player, I just don’t think he’s as good as we all think he is.  

Not as in, “you can’t have the opinion if you don’t”

I just meant, if you go games and have a good view of the whole pitch and game, I just don’t see how you can say he isn’t good enough.

The guys is a class footballer. 

Edited by spiezels

51 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Not as in, “you can’t have the opinion if you don’t”

I just meant, if you go games and have a good view of the whole pitch and game, I just don’t see how you can say he isn’t good enough.

The guys is a class footballer. 

Read my posts since mate. A few posts back from this one.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

With the possession style Gerrard is trying to play , it will take a while for Bhundia to come good , which I am sure he will. He needs time to understand how his new teammates move , angle of his passes to teammates , who moving where etc . All these takes time . He’s different from traditional box to box type eg Yahya Toure/ Ian Taylor type that doesn’t need bedding in. But I feel Bhundia once settled in , will be very useful and can create & have more assist than traditional midfielders.

i  remembered Bernardo Silva was really bad in his first season, very weak , push of the ball and no assist etc, but were flying on the second season once bedded in with teammates and how they play . 

48 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

With the possession style Gerrard is trying to play , it will take a while for Bhundia to come good , which I am sure he will. He needs time to understand how his new teammates move , angle of his passes to teammates , who moving where etc . All these takes time . He’s different from traditional box to box type eg Yahya Toure/ Ian Taylor type that doesn’t need bedding in. But I feel Bhundia once settled in , will be very useful and can create & have more assist than traditional midfielders.

i  remembered Bernardo Silva was really bad in his first season, very weak , push of the ball and no assist etc, but were flying on the second season once bedded in with teammates and how they play . 

Emi Buendia:

Former Aston Villa striker gives verdict on Emi Buendia after summer  transfer from Norwich City - Norfolk Live

Emi Bhundia:

Indian footballer Mukhi - discovered to be aged 28 - suspended for  pretending to be 16-year-old | Daily Mail Online

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â