Breakaway League

Jareth

Not at all surprised that Real and Barca are desperately trying to hang on to the Super League. Both clubs (especially Barca) are financially in a mess and need the cash investment more than the rest. Guess that's what happens when you spend more than you can actually afford.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not at all surprised that Real and Barca are desperately trying to hang on to the Super League. Both clubs (especially Barca) are financially in a mess and need the cash investment more than the rest. Guess that's what happens when you spend more than you can actually afford.

They deserve what they get.

Practically bankrupt yet drag Messi back from Manchester so they can keep paying him over a million a week.

• Like 2

Agent fees in millions of £ is not the problem.

Heck, paying Bale £400k a week is not a problem.

These are independent choices of a  business and frankly if I opened a pub and some idiot pays me £20 for a Carling, well, he is an idiot.

What is a problem is when you pay these sums when you can't afford it - much like the big 6 (along with many others) have been doing for years.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

They deserve what they get.

Practically bankrupt yet drag Messi back from Manchester so they can keep paying him over a million a week.

That's not even the worst business they've done. Pjanic, Coutinho, Malcolm, Griezman, Dembele all bought for huge sums with no impact in positions they didn't need.

Then they have the nerve to talk about sustainability. They're not a football club anymore, not really. They haven't been since Xavi etc retired. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

That's not even the worst business they've done. Pjanic, Coutinho, Malcolm, Griezman, Dembele all bought for huge sums with no impact in positions they didn't need.

Then they have the nerve to talk about sustainability. They're not a football club anymore, not really. They haven't been since Xavi etc retired. 

Can't remember who said it a couple of months ago - dont blame messi, blame their £100m players who can't even sell a sock 

Interesting to see as well that there have been players and managers coming out complaining about the new format Champions league and saying it's too many games for them to play and no one is thinking about players - Gundogan and Koeman have been at the forefront of that.

On 21/04/2021 at 20:11, Zatman said:

Eddie Hearn breaks away from sky to DAZN, can see why Sky were desperate to keep the teams

They will lose some of the prem rights in the next term. Sky's model is old fashioned and dated. I doubt anyone under 30 would subscribe to it.

28 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I think the years of spending big on the back of Ronaldo vs Messi era have caught up on them. those times propelled El Classico and La Liga into whole new stratosphere and now its over they are feeling the pinch aka the good times are over suck it up.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting to see as well that there have been players and managers coming out complaining about the new format Champions league and saying it's too many games for them to play and no one is thinking about players - Gundogan and Koeman have been at the forefront of that.

I'm absolutely on board with scrapping the league Cup for teams in Europe, or giving them an option to opt out since they don't take it seriously anyway.

The issue with things like this is that it's the players and managers complaining, to the media and fans not UEFA. Its something they need to sort out with UEFA and bringing it up in the way they have doesn't help anything.

If they'd put as much energy into actually bettering competitions as they do trying to **** us all we'd have a much better system

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Part of me is actually sorry we didn’t see the back of these self serving morons. I actually think the Super League would have died of its repetitively boring fixture list.

I still want them to **** off and I don't care if its and act of self harm.  Short term pain for long term gain. 

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

nothing from the football saviour who hates playing games Herr Klopp

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Javier Tebas, president of La Liga,  "If it was good for football, they wouldn't have done it behind our backs."

Tebas is another odious individual. I wonder will he stop favouring the big 2 like they always were like the time he allowed Barcelona to sign Leganes striker mid season but not allow Leganes sign a replacement

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Perhaps if FFP was scrapped teams with rich owners like us could afford to buy Messi or Ronaldo in their prime and give some money to the paupers like Barca and Real. 

Alas they created a rule to stop us spending beyond our means and somehow thet are all in massive debt.

No sympathy from me although I do agree state owned clubs have an unfair advantage!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Hah. 

So they are preparing to go down with the ship 

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Malcolm was going to Roma wasn't he? Until Barca had to have him?

Interesting honor guard for the cup champions as Getafe salute them with football is for the fans and Champions League - earn it T-shirts during the pasillo.

Well played Getafe, shame about the following game...

de52af1b-f95d-4fb0-b70c-56e8c86c39e8?fit=crop&h=734&q=50&w=1100&s=88f8a1cfa6b3ae7da427683284b0de6a27824f42

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Interesting honor guard for the cup champions at Getafe salute them with football is for the fans and Champions League - earn it T-shirts during the pasillo.

Well played Getafe, shame about the following game...

de52af1b-f95d-4fb0-b70c-56e8c86c39e8?fit=crop&h=734&q=50&w=1100&s=88f8a1cfa6b3ae7da427683284b0de6a27824f42

I am watching La Liga TV and they have a champions league logo with earn it bottom right.  

• Like 1

Â