Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone else hoping Perez croaks it in the near future? It’s not a nice thing to say I know but the guys on a warpath to reinvent something that doesn’t need reinventing for nothing more than personal gain.

Perez is not the danger Agnelli is and he is a lot younger. Apparently Perez is just the President of the league and is only the president because the Barcelona chairman got forced out. He was the brains behind it and was going to be the first chairman

Perez is also the figurehead of hate for about 20 years, its the people behind him that have got away with the abuse your Levy and Henry

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s see how iron clad these contracts are eh Florentino. 

I hope they are, huge legal case against Premier League clubs could be fun all around

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

, I didn't know that these "big 6" had been holding their own meetings with the PL, all that shit will stop 

I doubt that part of your post, but agree with the rest

• Like 1

Is rather entertaining to read the Real Madrid forums this week. 

Just like their president they all seem to view football as being the top 5 or so richest clubs in the world and nothing more. They are all butt hurt because the "oil clubs" including Bayern are no longer in on this because they want to keep the status quo where Real are no longer the apex predator financially.

This ESL was going to save football. As in allowing to keep Real as the biggest spenders in the world. It's a all bout it being unfair that other clubs than them can spend the most money. Barca fans predictably trying to pin it all on Real and maintain that they as always are the good guys :rolleyes:.

Clubs like us or even Benfica and Sevilla are just insects to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Is rather entertaining to read the Real Madrid forums this week. 

Just like their president they all seem to view football as being the top 5 or so richest clubs in the world and nothing more. They are all butt hurt because the "oil clubs" including Bayern are no longer in on this because they want to keep the status quo where Real are no longer the apex predator financially.

This ESL was going to save football. As in allowing to keep Real as the biggest spenders in the world. It's a all bout it being unfair that other clubs than them can spend the most money. Barca fans predictably trying to pin it all on Real and maintain that they as always are the good guys :rolleyes:.

Clubs like us or even Benfica and Sevilla are just insects to them.

The issue for Madrid is that they're going to have to fork out even more now. Any club not in the greedy 6 is going to demand even more money from these greedy dozen. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to understand that their bargaining hand is severely crippled by pissing in everyone's face due to money.

Grealish's fee just went up to 200million to anyone in the dirty dozen. Mbapee and Haaland's fees just went up above that. Suck on that Daniel 'I'm as good as Trump at doing a deal' Levy.

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The issue for Madrid is that they're going to have to fork out even more now. Any club not in the greedy 6 is going to demand even more money from these greedy dozen. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to understand that their bargaining hand is severely crippled by pissing in everyone's face due to money.

Grealish's fee just went up to 200million to anyone in the dirty dozen. Mbapee and Haaland's fees just went up above that. Suck on that Daniel 'I'm as good as Trump at doing a deal' Levy.

Main issue is that they don't really have any money to spend unless they get even more interest free loans. They are massively in debt.

As for M'bappé his contract is up in 2022 and Haaland has a release clause of about €70m that kicks in in 2022. 

Be interesting to see how much money they have left after the "free signing" of Alaba which supposedly cost them £20m in signing bonuses and another £12m a season in wages. 

Their whole strategy going forward was banking on the cash cow that was the ESL. Same goes for Barca, Spurs, Juve, and likely Man U & Liverpool.

Edited by sne

Laporta might be successful in using the presidential election as a get out of jail free card. Trying to pin it on the previous president and that he wanted nothing to do with the ESL. 

U gotta be kidding me.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Laporta might be successful in using the presidential election as a get out of jail free card. Trying to pin it on the previous president and that he wanted nothing to do with the ESL. 

U gotta be kidding me.

To be fair, even when it was announced the rumour was Bartomeu signed them up as a final **** you on his way out. Plus they had a clause requiring them to have a fan vote, so I doubt they were ever going to join unless it looked 100% like it was going to happen.

10 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

To be fair, even when it was announced the rumour was Bartomeu signed them up as a final **** you on his way out. Plus they had a clause requiring them to have a fan vote, so I doubt they were ever going to join unless it looked 100% like it was going to happen.

Election was a couple months ago, Barca have been part of this for years. They've been pushing for this just like Real who are also a members owned club.

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/on-standby-defiant-florentino-perez-insists-super-league-is-far-from-dead

This is the line from Perez that shows exactly what this whole thing has really been about.

They can't stay ahead of those below them unless they spend more and more money,  doesn't occur to them that they could just run their clubs better and they'd stay ahead.

Destroying the rest of football is obviously a much better idea.

What planet are these people on?

yes he lives on a different planet, how dare the other clubs not overspend and lose money 

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/on-standby-defiant-florentino-perez-insists-super-league-is-far-from-dead

This is the line from Perez that shows exactly what this whole thing has really been about.

They can't stay ahead of those below them unless they spend more and more money,  doesn't occur to them that they could just run their clubs better and they'd stay ahead.

You are obviously correct, and I agree they are on another planet. Recent interview with Perez shows that.

But I think EVERYONE know and have known what all of this is about. It's not like it's difficult to figure out. The blatantly obvious self promoting interest in this, is only matched by the greed and nauseous arrogance of not giving a **** if everyone sees them for what they are. They remind me of bankers during the financial crisis, and ethically are up there with selling rotten sub prime CDOs and ruining people's pension. Just scum. Fat **** snakes.

The fact that they in retrospect talk the way they do, where we supposedly don't understand our own good, and keep demonstrating they have their own head so far up their own arse... all of that stuff is just the icing on the cake.

This just can't go unpunished. If UEFA don't punish these clubs and ban them from the CL for a few season, then we all will live to regret it. This is a perfect time to both take a stand for what's right, and reset the power balance in football. Well, maybe not reset, but at least better the situation.

I hope the PL punish the clubs domestically as well, but that's another discussion.

Anyway...

TLDR: **** that football illiterate Spanish word removed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Florentino Perez: 'Mbappe, Haaland signings impossible without Super League'

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

That's what this is about though isn't it? They can't countenance a world where Real Madrid can't afford the best players in the world.

Empires rise and fall. None last forever. This is a number of clubs in different leagues terrified that if they take a step back it'll be hard to regain the ground. Look at Arsenal...previous Premier League winners, once upon a time Champions League participants. Now you could argue on a level with Everton, Wolves, Villa, West Ham etc as mid-table clubs with aspirations to break into the elite bracket but it's hard to do.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Florentino Perez: 'Mbappe, Haaland signings impossible without Super League'

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Oh but Florentine (o) we Aston Villa can afford them. it's you spineless mugs who have fixed the rules so that we can't (ffp). 

If UEFA and the Premier League don't punish these people, fans will.

This will come down to direct action, delayed kick offs, difficulties at training grounds, that sort of thing - fans can put pressure on UEFA and the league through broadcasters, through advertisers, through sponsors - if that mean tennis balls every week, centre circle sit ins and blocking the entrances to stuff, then so be it.

Reading Perez today pretty much announcing that this hasn't gone away and they've gone to try to formulate a different way to push it through sickens me - he should be a footballing pariah.

If there are no legal routes to punishing the individuals that own football clubs, then I'm afraid there will need to be sporting punishments for the clubs and social disruption for the owners.

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Planet Trump i can only assume.

It’s farcical, the big clubs are losing money because their spending is out of control. It’s the equivalent of a high street retailer seeking to build a new high street that only they and a select few others can retail on because it’s become too competitive for them on the existing high street.

It’s beyond ridiculous, but then, so is modern football.

• Like 1

Â