Pre match thread

Don_Simon

IF we win we'd go up to 7th with games in hand on most around us and yet much of the build-up to this game has been laden with moaning about a good player being played. God help Villa if we manage to cement ourselves where competing at this end of the table becomes an widespread expectation because jeeeeeeeeez.😂

• Like 1

Regardless of the team selection...would have liked to have seen sanson for mcginn or barkley due to form.

I want to see us press and take the game to them rather than sit off like we have in the past few games.

I'm hoping the extra days off have given the rest and energy to do this 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes many of them did want him (Potter) sacked up until recently and if their forum is anything to go by I'd say most of them had lost patience with him, not sure why that's so hard to believe given the facts I presented, 15th, 17th, and 15th place finishes, one win at home in 2020, last three home wins have been in three seperate years 2019, 2020, 2021, before their wins against Spurs and Man Utd they'd only won three games all season, even if they beat us they will still have less wins than every other team in the league other than the bottom three, and it's not as if they haven't spent any money, against that backdrop it would be more surprising if I said that they didn't want him sacked.

Having read North Stand Chat and having best friends who go to the Brighton game’s I can confirm this is wrong. 

Also Potter was only in charge from last season where Brighton got their highest position. 

Potter won’t be going anywhere unless another club comes knocking or he chooses to leave. 

2 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Regardless of the team selection...would have liked to have seen sanson for mcginn or barkley due to form.

I want to see us press and take the game to them rather than sit off like we have in the past few games.

I agree with Sanson coming in as I'm keen to see him get a start soon. 

But if you cast your mind back to the start of the season, Smith barely started Traore for the first 4 or 5 games and really eased him in. Granted it was down to an element of fitness but I think we are in a position at the moment where we don't need to just chuck new signings into a brand new league, we can dip them in for 15 mins here and there where the situation allows. 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Disagree, way more pros than cons.

Not for me.

Yes he has talent and is capable of a moment of magic but his decision making is largely poor, surrenders possession to easily with risky flicks etc in our half and the complete lack of desire to track back.

I think how unbalanced we look down the middle off the ball at times doesn’t make up for the threat he offers the other way, particularly since he’s come back from injury. 

Obviously hope he plays a blinder today but think he’s quite lucky to still be starting.

7 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Not for me. And tbh I'd say that's exactly what we shouldn't do. Rotating players out is alright, but Sanson needs time and we shouldn't rush it. We’re not that club any more.

Well I've read 'North End Chat' and plenty on their wanted him out, so that doesn't confirm anything to me, and their form has been bad since Potter was appointed over a season and a half ago, last season they finished 15th same position they finished in their first season back in the premier league, only difference is that last season they finished with one extra point. Not sure where people get this idea that they're some club on the up and a 'decent' team, as nothing whatsoever suggests that to be the be case.