Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Cantwell doesn't make sense to me, Will Hughes doesn't either. Both players are no better than our current back up players and block the development of our numerous youngsters. Cantwell to replace El Ghazi, Traore, Trezeguet or even Chukwuemeka and the Ramseys? No thank you. Even if you judge him to be a slight improvement on any of them, is he so much better it's worth paying millions for? Not in my opinion.

Will Hughes vs Douglas Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson, McGinn, Hourihane, Chukwuemeka or the Ramseys? Same problem again. The only back up players we should be looking at are in central defence and maybe up front. In the middle of the park we need people who can displace our current first choices, like Buendia and Bailey do to poor Traore.

I'm not that keen on either of them but both are sitting on contracts that expire next summer so might be smart signings when it comes to value for money.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This guy?

Does he have a ITK history? Never use reddit.

Yeah, that guy. Apparently he's mates with Craig Shakespeare's son or something. 

I don't like how he's being so non-committal with his newest information though.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Percy said 10 days ago that nothing was imminent about Bailey. He's not the oracle.

But.... 10 days have passed since he said that. Am I missing something?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Here's what the Reddit guy said. Also says the guy he gets info from has said Jack is definitely staying in this. But similarly says he doesn't believe his own info and post. So I really wouldn't put much stock in it.

'agent talk to get a better deal' = he's chatting shit. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Percy said it too tbf....

I know he’s pretty respected on here, but might do A if B happens is pure speculation. I might turn gay if Racheal Riley starts calling herself Richard

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Buendia, Bailey, Sarr interchanging is scintillating prospect behind Watkins 

Jack on the bench? :trollface:

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Here's what the Reddit guy said. Also says the guy he gets info from has said Jack is definitely staying in this. But similarly says he doesn't believe his own info and post. So I really wouldn't put much stock in it.

The first 2 have been shown to be right though. Saying Leon Bailey is a definite and us signing him only one day later seems legit. And the JWP stuff had died down for a while before there was a sudden report we had a bid rejected.

11 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Cantwell doesn't make sense to me, Will Hughes doesn't either. Both players are no better than our current back up players and block the development of our numerous youngsters. Cantwell to replace El Ghazi, Traore, Trezeguet or even Chukwuemeka and the Ramseys? No thank you.

I love Traore, but to suggest Cantwell isn’t a much better player than the other 4 you mention is just bonkers imo

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, that guy. Apparently he's mates with Craig Shakespeare's son or something. 

I don't like how he's being so non-committal with his newest information though.

He's correctly called Leon Bailey 24 hours early, reading his posts so far.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll say it, I like Cantwell. He's got something about him, think he could really push on and improve in a good team. 

I don't mind him he's just another one that I'd have concerns over cost and role that he'd have here, as a £20m+ squad player he starts to not sound so good

If we'd signed him 2 years ago during the original promotion splurge id have been very happy

Edited by villa4europe

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i mean, ur using a guy who has less than 100 followers and looks like a chav to inform us of our transfer plans?, rly?

Er no, just commenting on the players that we appear to have been linked with! 

On 03/05/2021 at 02:28, Shay said:

If we are really serious about building a squad for Europe we need quality in depth then i think we should be signing proven players alongside young players with huge potentials that are nearing their best years. I would love for us to sign someone like say, Nabil Fekir (27) in midfield and Sander Berge (23 ) for DM. For the flanks, we should sign Emi Buendia (24) and Leon Bailey (23). Both of them are comfortable playing on either sides so we can swap them around depending on the opposition. Im not sure who to add for left back maybe that brentford kid, Rico Henry (23) that the gaffer used to manage. 

All of them are quality footballers full of creativity & end product and would start in any top 10 PL sides. Im not suggesting we buy all of them but any 3 out of those options and we look a much better side. We need these type of players so that we can finally rotate the squad without looking clueless when Jack inevitably gets injured. 

I’ve been patiently waiting for the transfer to finally be official and say this, but I’m over the moon that we have signed both Emi Buendia and Leon Bailey. I first suggested the signing of both players back in May, way before either were linked to the club. Im very much delighted that the club has signed them as they were my top picks too! Cant wait to see them both play for the club. And here’s to hoping Jack stays and maybe one last push to signing JWP. Wow what a team that’ll be. Its a good time to be a Villan! 😍

• Like 1

If we do indeed sign Cantwell then the data must show he can come in make a mark and improve us overall. Rather have him than Trez and Conor tbh. Showed he can handle this league, is young and with a year left on his contract - a deal could be there to be done which could be too good not to look at. 

Edited by thabucks

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll say it, I like Cantwell. He's got something about him, think he could really push on and improve in a good team. 

He is so weak though for his size. But defo potential to transform that.