Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

If i were part of the Villa recruitment team, i would have taken a huge note of the fact Argentinian and other South American players are much easier to recruit under the new rules.

With this in mind, i would be recruiting 1-2 key South American players this season like Alvarez (or at least from that area but playing elsewhere - aka Buendia), thus building a small contingent of Argentinian/South American players at the club to a) encourage other players from these areas to join in the future, and b) to help them settle when we do bring one in.

With this in mind, we would have Martinez, Buendia, Wesley & Luiz currently who can offer a "settling group" if we bought say........one high talent South American a year, or to help attract already established South American players.

I think if we were/are clever, we will be looking to the South American markets for at least 1 player a year, its a whole new player market that on the whole, we didnt have access to before, and there are a LOT of good players in that area of the world that we may be able to attract and develop.

Obviously, i would also still be keen on English and European players, but South America is a whole new market for us, that if we dont exploit, someone else will for sure....

• Like 1

Sorry to ask again as I know it's been explained a few times, but is it really easier to sign South American players now? I thought it was just changed so it's as difficult to get work permits for Europeans. 

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Imagine AFTV if that happens.

Blud, fam they have mugged us off blud. I'm furious fam. 

Wenger out!

Kroenke is a MUG!

Blud.

The working title of their Amazon doc is "There will be blud". *

*joke shamelessly stolen from someone on social media 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Sorry to ask again as I know it's been explained a few times, but is it really easier to sign South American players now? I thought it was just changed so it's as difficult to get work permits for Europeans. 

Sort of yes, sort of no. Playing in the copa Libertadores (or however it is spelt) now counts for the same points as playing in the CL does. This is true

Brazil and Argentinian leagues count for the same as the top 5 leagues in Europe etc. This is wrong. They count as band 3 so like equivalent of the Danish league. I was equating them due to most of the famous clubs being in Copa Libertadores and therefore being band 1.

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, obanken said:

Might be a bit off topic, but since we are talking about “launching bids” etc. Anyone else remember on this forum about that time we signed Sasa Curcic and we wanted “a steering wheel of creation”?

Curcic and Milosevic were meant to form a dream team……..they didn’t.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yes it really is easier.

I may be wrong in specifics, but afaik, the old system meant it was hard for most South American players to get permits, as they needed X recent appearances for an international team etc (or similar).

Where as now, its more based on the level of the league or competition (in part), as the higher the standard of the league or the competition (as per the point requirement for a permit), the easier it is to get a permit.

For example, any club that now plays in the Copa Libertadores (which is the South American version of the Champions League), is now classed as a Band 1 competition, which is also the band that the Champions League is in, so signing a player from a club in Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Chile etc where that club plays in the Copa Libertadores, means they are much much more likely to be able to get a work permit to come to the UK.

For example the Belgian League, English Championship, Eredevise and Portuguese League are Band 2 competitions, so possibly it may be harder to sign some players from those leagues depending on the circumstances, rather than an Argentinian player who played for his club in the Copa Libertadores (band 1 competition).

Another example, is it would be much harder to "do a Brentford" in the Championship with these new rules, as the Danish, Polish, Slovenian leagues are now band 5 competitions, and Czech, Croatian, Swiss, Ukrainian, Greek, Ligue 2 (France L2) are Band 4 competitions.......

there are 4 Band 1 Leagues, the PL, German League, La Liga & Ligue 1, and only 2 Band 1 competitions which are the Champions league and the Copa Libertadores.........you can see why signing a South American player might be a lot...LOT easier now.

FYI, some teams that played in the Copa Libertadores in 2020 were Boca, River Plate, Velez, Flamengo, Internacional, Sao Paulo, Gremio, Santos, Atletico, Junior, Nacional etc etc.

you can read more here:

New Work Permit Requirements For Players Moving To English Clubs Post-Brexit

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

So Man City probably wouldn’t have had a problem getting a work permit for Dougie under the new rules?

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So Man City probably wouldn’t have had a problem getting a work permit for Dougie under the new rules?

not sure where Vasco were when Luiz was with them, but currently Vasco are in Brasil Serie B (Band 6 League), so if that was the case when Luiz was with them, they would have had zero chance of a work permit, if i understand it correctly.

Thats unless Luiz was an international player, or some other extreme qualifying factor.

If Vasco were in the top Brazilian League, and Vasco qualified for the Copa while Luiz was there, yes Luiz could maybe have got a permit if he played.

He may have had a chance of a permit if Vasco were even in the Brasil Serie A, as like the Argentinian Prem, they are Band 3 leagues.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Should we read anything in the fact that Buendia's training kit has #20 on it? If that is his squad number, then the #8 shirt is still to be filled.

He probably requested it. Wore 17 at Norwich but that's Trez's number. Carney #8 maybe 

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Should we read anything in the fact that Buendia's training kit has #20 on it? If that is his squad number, then the #8 shirt is still to be filled.

Sanson wore #8 in Marseille? Might be him that's switching numbers.

Edited by hong0311

54 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Sure I read somewhere Buendia had taken over 20 from Barkley, Sanson 8 from Henri, Targett 3 off Taylor and Ashley Young has been given 18 for the coming season.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Translates to: 

Aston Villa is interested in Monacos Aleksandr Golovin, Monaco cost him around 25 million euros this comes from the French outlet L'equipe #avfc#villa#monaco

Little known fact. He was a big part of my Fifa 17 all conquering Villa side.

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Would be an amazing signing if true. 

Here are Golovin's godly stats. Key things to note he has only played 1069 minutes in the last year. So it's a small sample size. That pass accuracy is awful. But everything else is pretty **** amazing. 99th percentile for xA and actual assists, 92th percentile for non penalty goals. 99th percentile for pressures. 

Screenshot_20210713_003917_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by MotoMkali