Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Source has less followers than the boy who cried wolf (post exposure).

Yeah but he is apparently quoting l'equipe who could either be reliable or trash. And they oscillate between the 2 like Romano. 

Golovin 3 goals 3 assists 18/19 season same minutes as Traore last season and 3 goals 4 assists 19/20 in 2000 mins. What am I missing?

Can't find any mention of Golovin rumour on L'equipe Twitter

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Golovin 3 goals 3 assists 18/19 season same minutes as Traore last season and 3 goals 4 assists 19/20 in 2000 mins. What am I missing?

You're missing last season for starters.

And that there is more to a player than numbers.

And that those numbers are still decent.

Long suggested Golovin as a better standard of target for us. Wouldn't be a bad plan B if the ESR interest has stalled. He's done quite well in France so would be a good ambitious signing to make, type Leicester did a few years back signing Tielemans from Monaco.

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't find any mention of Golovin rumour on L'equipe Twitter

Maybe 5 goals and 9 assists in under 12 games worth of minutes last season, on top of excellent defensive and pressing stats. 

Don't know if the rumour is at all true. But would be an excellent signing. 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

You're missing last season for starters.

And that there is more to a player than numbers.

And that those numbers are still decent.

I am missing last season which 5 goals and 9 assists in 1071 minutes. 4 of his 14 goal involvements were in 1 game against worst team in the league. The previous 2 seasons aren't decent numbers. Traore got 7 goals and 7 assists in 2300 mins last season and some on here don't rate him

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I am missing last season which 5 goals and 9 assists in 1071 minutes. 4 of his 14 goal involvements were in 1 game against worst team in the league. The previous 2 seasons aren't decent numbers. Traore got 7 goals and 7 assists in 2300 mins last season and some on here don't rate him

I'm only answering your question. Sounds like you've already found your reasons to write him off.

Once you exclude the 4 goal involvements against a shit team (because, duh) he's left with a goal involvement roughly every 100 minutes. Not good enough?

Buendia's numbers (mostly at a lower level) are even worse if you exclude last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm just playing devil's advocate. Haven't written him off at all

Apologies. I uncharitably assumed you purposefully missed last years figure to paint a particular picture. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because we don't leak our targets. Axel link is peak lazy journo rubbish

I’d take him, for me, it’s a no brainier, he’s been here before, he knows what it’s about here. He was great in The Championship here I thought, he has a very unique playing style 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because we don't leak our targets. Axel link is peak lazy journo rubbish

I think was the case during the promotion year but hardly the case anymore particulary big money signings Buendia was all over the press. Maybe some obscure lower cost one will be a surrpise.

But yes plenty of lazy press talk also.

Edited by zab6359

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sod all the talking and get to the video...

" Weakness : Aerial Duels ".... Surprise surprise.

" Similar players: Mason Mount " - We hate him already! 🤣

Alright...  Where are all the VillaTalk French Footie experts who came out of the woodwork to tell us how shit Traore was last summer?  Come on...  Let's hear how shit this one is...

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him, for me, it’s a no brainier, he’s been here before, he knows what it’s about here. He was great in The Championship here I thought, he has a very unique playing style 

We're not in the Championship and he was rubbish some games in Championship. He's not getting anywhere near starting side anyway so why trade one bench for another

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I think was the case during the promotion year but hardly the case anymore particulary big money signings Buendia was all over the press. Maybe some obscure lower cost one will be a surrpise.

But yes plenty of lazy press talk also.

Buendia was all over the press in the sense it was done in like 3 days before Norwich made their official announcement. We took like 5 days after that to make our own.

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Buendia was all over the press in the sense it was done in like 3 days before Norwich made their official announcement. We took like 5 days after that to make our own.

The Buendia leak may have come from Norwich side