Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Agreed. Suggests a lack of interest or trust from the owners. Kinda how Lerner started to wrap things up with us. Does what is needed to keep the club going, but won’t give it the extra push needed to break the elite. 

Not sure if serious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our squad has definitely improved but only time will tell if our starting 11 is better, once everyone is available and settled. Overall the window has been disappointing for me. It’s not being negative but out of all the sides in and around us we are the only ones who have lost their best player and he was our best player by some distance. As it stands I think a 10/11th place finish is the best we can hope for. Feels like an opportunity lost imo.

As impressed as I've been with our youngsters, it does feel like we're cutting things a bit close by letting Guilbert and Hourihane leave without bringing anyone else in.

I just hope that this "too good to turn down" deal crops up before the window closes.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Are they not trusting Smith with more money now? 

Zero investment from the owners this window. Only spent the Grealish money. 

Negative in net. 

Improving the team and being negative in net, fantastic business in my eyes!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

As impressed as I've been with our youngsters, it does feel like we're cutting things a bit close by letting Guilbert and Hourihane leave without bringing anyone else in.

I just hope that this "too good to turn down" deal crops up before the window closes.

It happened with Sanson so anything is possible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

For goodness sake be a bit patient. Things have got better season on season with these owners. It will continue like that

4 points from Watford, Newcastle and Brentford is improvement to you? 

Results and performances suggest squad needs a lot more work. Particularly In midfield as mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Doucoure is the midfielder we need (imo) and he’s not gone anywhere yet. I suspect the requirement from Metz to keep Sarr on loan for a season ruled us out of that one (it wasn’t price), but hopeful we’ll do a last minute swoop on Lens. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Hopefully he ain't gone on holiday yet?

Worrying that Smith has reiterated he is happy with the squad and has said he has youth options if required.

What else is he going to say?! 😂

1 minute ago, macandally said:

For those disappointed in the window?

Beundia £35m

Bailey £30m

Ings £25m

Three years ago we were bordering on bankruptcy as we couldn’t pay a £4m tax bill.  Just let that sink in against your needy sense of entitlement. 

How long are we going to keep referring back to what might have been?

Yes, we were in the shit 3 years ago. We're not now, and our owners deserve (and receive) the adulation of the fans for that.

But, that doesn't mean we're not allowed to assess the quality of the squad and state where we feel it could need improving.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

For those disappointed in the window?

Beundia £35m

Bailey £30m

Ings £25m

Three/four years ago we were bordering on bankruptcy as we couldn’t pay a £4m tax bill.  Just let that sink in against your needy sense of entitlement. 

Yes but we spent that 35mil (and possibly the next 30mil) even before getting an unexpected 100m windfall. It's not entitlement, it's just the knowledge that we have money to spend, and now we are in a profit this summer on transfer fees.

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1