Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Nice way to compare them. Given a bit of fitness I would say Sanson is better than Hourihane though.

Thats the thing isnt it . Both Hourihane and Barkley score goals and assist . I can only judge on what i have seen and as much as i love Chuk it remains to be seen if he can score 3 and assist 3 this season to match Barkleys output . 

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

what about Grealish Elghazi-  Lingard El Ghazi.  - same

Grealish AEG is better

Grealish is a better player than Lingard. Also, Lingard had lots of bad play in his career. He had a good 6 months with Hammers and he is the wrong age. Not a player we want to be buying imo. I am happier to spend the money on Buendia and Bailey

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Grealish AEG is better

Grealish is a better player than Lingard. Also, Lingard had lots of bad play in his career. He had a good 6 months with Hammers and he is the wrong age. Not a player we want to be buying imo. I am happier to spend the money on Buendia and Bailey

lindgard is proven, and played better than Grealish in the last 6 months of premier league. Thx for chat though bud

Edited by Danishlad

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:
4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

lindgard is proven, and played better than Grealish in the last 6 months of premier league

Probably because Jack was injured for 3 months and sitting on his arse playing PlayStation. There is a reason Pep paid 100m for Jack rather than 25m for Lingard. 

Good chatting, enjoy the weekend

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Didn't know if this post should be in here but didnt want to start a fresh one 

Dean claims the squad is alot stronger so thought i would see if thats strictly true compared to last season and put better worse or the same next to them 

20/21                            21/22

Martinez/Heaton        Martinez/Steer      worse

Cash/elhomady          Cash/Guilbert        same

Konsa/Engels             Konsa/Tuanzebe   better

Mings/ Hause             Mings/ Hause        same

Targett/Taylor             Targett/ Young     better

Luiz/ Nakamba           Luiz/Nakamba    same

Mcginn/Hourihane    Mcginn/sanson   same 

Traore/ Trez                Buendia/ Traore  better

Barkley/Ramsey         Ramsey/Chuk1   same

Grealish/el ghazi        Bailey/el ghazi    worse

Warkins/ Davis           Ings/Watkins       better

Then you have Archer Bidace to fill the squad up

In my reckoning we are worse off in 2 positions for the squad, The same in 5 positions and better off in 4 .

so yep we do have a better squad than last season but not by the amount i would have expected. In fact it is very close to standing still as Deano likes to play a settled team and we have only improved at RW and ST while weakening at LW

You only looked at the additions to the squad. A big part of why we progressed last season was multiple players improving from the season before. Targett, Konsa, McGinn all improved from their initial PL season. If we get improvements from another 3, let's say Ramsey, Cash, and Traore then between that and the new additions we should see a measurable level of improvement in the squad. 

• Like 2

Only just realised the transfer window closes on Tuesday, genuinely thought we would get a few more in, looking very unlikely now, with no genuine links to anyone. Would seem ‘they are only spending the Grealish money’ might have some legs after all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Dean claims the squad is alot stronger so thought i would see if thats strictly true compared to last season and put better worse or the same next to them 

In my reckoning we are worse off in 2 positions for the squad, The same in 5 positions and better off in 4 .

so yep we do have a better squad than last season but not by the amount i would have expected. In fact it is very close to standing still as Deano likes to play a settled team and we have only improved at RW and ST while weakening at LW

This obviously does not tell the full story.

You can't really quantify all of the ground Gresford used to cover for us and reduce it to one quantitative position on the pitch.

You've noted we're worse off at LW without him, but we are dramatically worse off all across the middle and frontline without him. He gained ground, made space for teammates in other positions, and caused havoc inside the box.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anybody trying to convince me, that Jack Grealish, ONE player, is better than the total of Danny Ings, Leon Bailey, EMI Buendia, a more seasoned Traore and Ollie Watkins is having a laugh.

He is good, but he isn't Ronaldinho or Prime Messi/Ronaldo and Brazilian Ronaldo ffs.

If he covers more ground and creates more havoc than three of the best forward players In Europe combined, we've been shafted, need to ask for refunds on them all.

We've played 2 games in the league since his departure, absolutely ZERO at full strength and some dramatic statements are being made.

The squad is undoubtedly stronger

The main weakness, as it was WITH him in the team, is the middle of the park..

Ings, Bailey and Buendia are three of the best forwards in Europe? Put down the bottle and go to bed mate, you're done. Jesus Christ, some perspective from the Villa faithful would be nice from time to time.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anybody trying to convince me, that Jack Grealish, ONE player, is better than the total of Danny Ings, Leon Bailey, EMI Buendia is having a laugh.

He is good, but he isn't Ronaldinho or Prime Messi/Ronaldo and Brazilian Ronaldo ffs.

If he covers more ground and creates more havoc than three of the best forward players In Europe combined, we've been shafted, need to ask for refunds on them all.

The main weakness, as it was WITH him in the team, is the middle of the park.

We've played 2 game sin the league, absolutely ZERO at full strength and some dramatic statements are being made.

Thank you, this needed to be said… can’t wait for the day that our former player’s name is no longer mentioned either…

So much misery & negativity lately… 

We’ve a lot to look forward to when it comes to Buendia (early days, going to improve and be awesome) & Bailey (barely played, will be awesome and shock many…there are few that seem to realise how massive a player he can be for us. Same goes for Emi but maybe Bailey is more “elite” for now…) 

Just those 2 should excite us.

Then we have a deadly striker in Ings who can get a goal from anywhere… it’s quite an asset. And he will be supported by Watkins, a truly exceptional player for us…

There are plenty more reasons for enthusiasm etc. but I can’t be arsed to repeat them 😆 A better Traore? Hell yeah! 

There is an intense need for people to lighten up…

Let’s try to keep expectations (both overly negative and overly positive) in check and try to enjoy the season and try to derive some entertainment from the experience… there will be ups and downs, it’s a time of transition. We’re like a new team having shedded the guy who we relied on so heavily and who took the limelight away from the club and other players…

It’s going to be unpredictable but we will at least be ok…

No need for huge pressure, despondency or excess frustrations… let’s be patient and see how things pan out before attempting to be fortune tellers…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Ings, Bailey and Buendia are three of the best forwards in Europe? Put down the bottle and go to bed mate, you're done. Jesus Christ, some perspective from the Villa faithful would be nice from time to time.

It's as realistic as people thinking Jack Grealish is better than 3 top players combined. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I'm pretty sure stats wise, Buendia, Bailey, and Ings are in the upper echelons , in Europe, in their respective positions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't agree on a few of those assessments but a lot of that is pretty subjective. Can you really count Heaton though? It felt like a pretty forgone conclusion we had effectively seen the last of him.

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Only just realised the transfer window closes on Tuesday, genuinely thought we would get a few more in, looking very unlikely now, with no genuine links to anyone. Would seem ‘they are only spending the Grealish money’ might have some legs after all. 

Not worried, I imagine once the deal went through a lot of clubs jacked up their asking prices so to speak and it's a bit of a staring contest as to who will blink as the end of the window draws closer. We know from Ings that deals can just happen with very little in the way of rumor before hand. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more.

• Like 1