Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

18 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Mbappé ……….here we go 🇫🇷 AVFC £130m, plus Wesley.

:trollface: allegedly 

I'll pass.  No Premier League experience.  Too much of a gamble. 

Not happy with the fee either.  It's too much, we're just being mugged off because of the Grealish money.   Sick of other teams taking the piss now. :bang:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll pass.  No Premier League experience.  Too much of a gamble. 

Not happy with the fee either.  It's too much, we're just being mugged off because of the Grealish money.   Sick of other teams taking the piss now. :bang:

No need to worry. It is fake news. We have Davis coming back from injury (he is getting lots of practice at this particular skill) and once he is back we will have Ings, Ollie and Davis. Mbappe wouldn't even get on the bench

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

That's all very well and good until that youth, if does well **** off at the first chance..so we never ever challenge, stuck in a never ending rebuild.

Every team on the planet is stuck in a never ending rebuild.  It's the nature of football.  Literally no one stands still.  

We just need to be clever and ensure each new piece strengthens us whilst other teams shop badly and make **** ups. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably already been discussed on here but surprised to see Norwich might sign William Carvalho. Seems to fit the profile of the DM we crave.  

From a distance yes he does. Big, strong, good passer, but he doesn't thrive in games where the tempo is high. He struggles even. During the Euros, the one game where there was a high tempo against Germany he was lost in midfield. I think that he will be found out in the PL. I could be wrong but that is what I've noticed from watching him. He needs time and space to perform, reads the game well and can pick a pass. Move him around/pressure him in possession and he struggles a lot.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

Looks like Koopmeiners is finally going to Atalanta. Bit weird his transfer, been on and off a few times to a few places.

If you need to know how good he is... Atalanta are signing him.

Feels like someone we could have signed who would really improve us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Looks like Koopmeiners is finally going to Atalanta. Bit weird his transfer, been on and off a few times to a few places.

Very much so and at exactly 6'0" he would have delighted and annoyed VT'ers in equal measure.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. Signing a top class keeper has nothing to do with it. Martinez is great.

Martinez faced 135 shots last season (from what I can find online), that puts us 17th in that regard. You can dismiss it all you like, but just because we have a world class keeper, doesn’t mean we can rely on him to make a ridiculous amount of saves every match. A large part of the reason his goal is peppered is because teams cut through us. Surely you see this? 

We haven’t addressed that with our transfer activity and it could come back to bite us. 

The best form of Defence is Attack.  I think Dean wants us to defend from the front and win the ball higher up the pitch, the reason we got hit on the counter so easily last year was because on the transition Bert and Gresford didn’t exactly bust a ball to win back possession.  That left Ollie doing a one man press that was easily bypassed leaving the midfield exposed.

I expect that to improve this season and as fitness comes, whether Dean goes two up top (both Ings and Ollie press high when possession is lost), or three (even Bert looked to work harder out of possession second half against Watford).  Competition for places makes people work harder, SJG talked about not going away during the close season to focus on his fitness.  

We want to play the Man City/Liverpool pitch wide press in the transition, we don’t yet have the quality they have to make it stick, but we are getting closer year on year.  You appear to only see negatives, i see the positives in that we finally have a plan and are training/building to make it work.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We’ve got Nakamba mate, chill out.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

That’s rubbish, his goal per minute in the last two years in the PL is up there.  Just because Tuchel didn’t fancy him when he came in doesn’t discount that. Tuchel wants the best in the world like Lukaku, but only a handful of players are that level. Tammy has proved he can play at this level.

He really hasn't ..... half of his goals have come from filling his boots in cup games against Championship level players ..... which is where he is at home !

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

The point wasn’t around signing him, it was around their record at similar ages.

PS don’t even know what to say in regards to failing at the top level, as the evidence doesn’t support such an opinion, just bias.

If Tammy hadn't played for Villa in the Championship, I doubt you'd look twice at him as an option. Sentimentality fuels the love in for Tammy, not his fit with the current team and its ambitions or needs. His stats are swayed by lots of goals in "B-Squad" cup games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, macandally said:

We want to play the Man City/Liverpool pitch wide press in the transition, we don’t yet have the quality they have to make it stick, but we are getting closer year on year.  You appear to only see negatives, i see the positives in that we finally have a plan and are training/building to make it work.

But the way Man City play is also built heavily on players like Rodri and Fernandinho. I don’t think we have players that could play that way in midfield.

45 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

He really hasn't ..... half of his goals have come from filling his boots in cup games against Championship level players ..... which is where he is at home !

Ok whatever, this was gone over in the Tammy thread but you think whatever you want! 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

But the way Man City play is also built heavily on players like Rodri and Fernandinho. I don’t think we have players that could play that way in midfield.

I think we do, Pep wanted Luis to replace Fernandinho so he obviously thought he could do exactly that 

Just now, macandally said:

I think we do, Pep wanted Luis to replace Fernandinho so he obviously thought he could do exactly that 

I think potentially he could. But I would say the defensive pressing side of his game needs improving. I really like Luiz though, got bags of potential.

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

If Tammy hadn't played for Villa in the Championship, I doubt you'd look twice at him as an option. Sentimentality fuels the love in for Tammy, not his fit with the current team and its ambitions or needs. His stats are swayed by lots of goals in "B-Squad" cup games.

Complete tosh!