Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Indeed. So what’s yours? 

I know you did not ask my opinion ... but here it is anyway.

I am going to sit back, relax and watch the universe unfold, with a particular eye on how Villa's season unfolds.

I understand this should in my philosophy thread ... but what the hell.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Forgot about Axel, don’t forget we have also lost Taylor and Elmo off the wage bill, soon to be Wes as well but most likely covering half his wages. Hourihane will most likely leave as well. Add Barkely’s wage and I don’t think the wage bill will be far off what it was last season. If anything it might be slightly less. 

Yep, there is some astute wheeling and dealings going on at VP. Ings will have taken Jack's wage and the new lads will be on a fair bit more than Elmo, Taylor and Hourihane but even still, good financial management

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

yes, Lingard, Zouma and Tammy are better. I agree with you, we need a DM too.

Tammy is a flat track bully that doesn't work off the ball like Ings. He'll probably do well in Italy where immobile strikers can look like world beaters 

yes, Lingard, Zouma and Tammy are better. I agree with you, we need a DM too.

I can understand saying Lingard and Tammy instead of Ings and Emi2 although I disagree. I would much prefer to have Ings and Emi. But how can you compare the purchase of Bailey with a back up centre back? Zouma is a defender and would offer nothing to our attacking 5/6 players in a starting 11

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tammy is a flat track bully that doesn't work off the ball like Ings

And he will never be the clinical finisher Ings is. Tammy (although I love the guy for helping us get promoted) needs way too many chances to get on the scoresheet.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Many people are overly negative and pessimistic. Have amnesia about how players were good before Covid hit last season (don't know how much that affected some players for months after). Write off players that have barely kicked a ball. Like youth players until it's suggested they be integrated into main squad. Think that's a start

Fair enough. 
I’m just very very surprised we haven’t addressed our weaknesses this summer. It’s going to be our downfall again. When we are losing match, and if we indeed go on to lose that match, it will be interesting to see how many people say it’s because the midfield got completely overwhelmed - I suspect it will come up quite often. 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I can understand saying Lingard and Tammy instead of Ings and Emi2 although I disagree. I would much prefer to have Ings and Emi. But how can you compare the purchase of Bailey with a back up centre back? Zouma is a defender and would offer nothing to our attacking 5/6 players in a starting 11

did you see the defending against watford, Zouma is faster stronger and better in the air. He would improve the team. I think he is better on the ball than Konsa and Mings too

Edited by Danishlad

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

When we are losing match, and if we indeed go on to lose that match, it will be interesting to see how many people say it’s because the midfield got completely overwhelmed - I suspect it will come up quite often. 

I think that is more of a management weakness than a player weakness tbh. And before people jump on me, I am NOT calling for Dean to be sacked

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

did you see the defending against watford, Zouma is faster stronger and better in the air. He would improve the team. I think he is better on the ball than Konsa and Mings too

Was fullbacks especially Targett getting done and Luiz back was improvement next game

• Like 1

Did u see the defending in the 14 clean sheets last season. 2nd only to City I believe. It isn't really sensible to judge a player on one single game. Did u see our defending against the Toon? We kept a clean sheet.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Did u see the defending in the 14 clean sheets last season. 2nd only to City I believe. It isn't really sensible to judge a player on one single game. Did u see our defending against the Toon? We kept a clean sheet.

The defending against toon wasn't good as you might think. Massive free run on goal from Wilson who missed. And the offside penalty incident was poor defending too

The defending against toon wasn't good as you might think. Massive free run on goal from Wilson who missed. And the offside penalty incident was poor defending too

Mings brain explosion but you want to replace Konsa at CB. Offside trap working albeit relying on VAR is poor defending?

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The defending against toon wasn't good as you might think. Massive free run on goal from Wilson who missed

Mings not playing the whistle. He makes mistakes like that. Konsa doesn't

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Mings brain explosion but you want to replace Konsa at CB. Offside trap working albeit relying on VAR is poor defending?

Ill replace anyone if I can find a better player, who I think in turn can improve

Ill replace anyone if I can find a better player, who I think in turn can improve

So would I but you are suggesting replacing one of the best centre backs in the Premier League. He is on the verge of becoming a world class CB and will be a 100m+ player in 2 or 3 years. He oozes class and we should be doing all we can to sign him up to a very long contract. He is probably the last player I would sell at Villa. Everyone else should be allowed to go before him

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

So would I but you are suggesting replacing one of the best centre backs in the Premier League. He is on the verge of becoming a world class CB and will be a 100m+ player in 2 or 3 years. He oozes class and we should be doing all we can to sign him up to a very long contract. He is probably the last player I would sell at Villa. Everyone else should be allowed to go before him

ok I think you are way over praising him. I wouldn't sell him though. I hope you are right though.