Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

If we're talking about dream/wish-list signings, and being realistic (to a degree)

McKennie and Damsgaard

Would boost us massively IMO

I also think, in hindsight, that Demarai Gray would have been a great pick up at £1.5m. Insanely cheap! What else can you pick up for that price. Complete no risk purchase. I'm also gutted we didn't get Thierry Small in, he seems to be a huge talent. 

It's funny how varying perspectives can be depending on the team you support. Feels like everyone but Villa fans is optimistic for our season, have been raving about our business etc and predicted high finishes as a consequence (imo too high in many cases). Arsenal and Spurs fans in particular are especially worried about their predicaments and seem more concerned about looking over their shoulders at the likes of Villa rather than kicking on and overtaking teams themselves.

Meanwhile on Villa Talk...

• Like 2

Zouma scored 5 goals last season. By far the stand out season in his career (while playing for the European Champions), other seasons he was getting the same hit rate or lower than Konsa or Mings. The previous season Kortney Hause scored 1 goal in 7 appearances compared to Zouma's 0 goals in 24 PL appearances

• Like 1

It’s actually really frustrating that we aren’t going to look to continue to strengthen this window when our limitations are glaringly obvious to us and our opponents. It’s just going to be the same weaknesses over and over again. When will we ever have a solid midfield for crying out loud! 

Zero progress will be made this season. What good is that to our owners? 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It’s actually annoying me a bit that we aren’t going to look to continue to strengthen this window when our limitations are glaringly obvious to us and our opponents. It’s just going to be the same weaknesses over and over again. When will we ever have a solid midfield for crying out loud! 

That's some people's opinion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Zouma scored 5 goals last season. By far the stand out season in his career (while playing for the European Champions), other seasons he was getting the same hit rate or lower than Konsa or Mings. The previous season Kortney Hause scored 1 goal in 7 appearances compared to Zouma's 0 goals in 24 PL appearances

just think that zouma is better

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think both Spurs and Arsenal have improved since last season. We won’t be finishing higher than them this term. Or at least, I’d be very surprised if we did. 

Arsenal have looked like hot garbage all preseason and into the regular season. Their manager is already in a fight for his job two games in but you can state Arsenal have improved, how?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

just think that zouma is better

But if we bought him it would be to displace Konsa. Personally I don't think we should even consider replacing Konsa in the starting 11. Konsa is quality and will be an international player and we will need to improve our league position or he will follow Jack out of VP. Mings is left footed and the right footed Zouma won't displace Mings. Would u really want Zouma in ahead of Konsa?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

But if we bought him it would be to displace Konsa. Personally I don't think we should even consider replacing Konsa in the starting 11. Konsa is quality and will be an international player and we will need to improve our league position or he will follow Jack out of VP. Mings is left footed and the right footed Zouma won't displace Mings. Would u really want Zouma in ahead of Konsa?

yes zouma ahead of konsa if he is better player

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

but you can state Arsenal have improved, how?

They managed to offload Emi Martinez for about 17m and got Ramsdale in for 24m + 6m addons. Surely you can see exactly where Arsenal are heading and their ambition with their transfers 😀

Just now, Danishlad said:

yes zouma ahead of konsa if he is better player

Wow. The only positions I think we could not do with improving in our first XI are Emi Martinez, Esri Konsa, Watkins and now Ings. Everyone else is upgradable. To consider upgrading Konsa in this window is imo utter madness when the money could be spent so much more effectively. Konsa is a top 4 CB imo

Wow. The only positions I think we could not do with improving in our first XI are Emi Martinez, Esri Konsa, Watkins and now Ings. Everyone else is upgradable. To consider upgrading Konsa in this window is imo utter madness when the money could be spent so much more effectively. Konsa is a top 4 CB imo

all our players can be improved on. none of them are world beaters. Mings Zouma and Konsa back up. Now were talking top 6-8

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

all our players can be improved on. none of them are world beaters. Mings Zouma and Konsa back up. Now were talking top 6-8

#banter

FTFY

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, Danishlad said:

Of course all our players can be upgraded but are u seriously suggesting we should spend 25m / 30m on a backup CB and that will get us top 6/8? What about DM and left wing?

Of course all our players can be upgraded but are u seriously suggesting we should spend 25m / 30m on a backup CB and that will get us top 6/8? What about DM and left wing?

no didn't say buy him. I said we should have.

Edited by Danishlad

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Ings is on 120k according to multiple sources. Bailey and Beundia, say 70k each and Young must be on 70k/80k and Tuanzebe is costing us 5m which covers wages. That's 350k a week which is 18m a year and add in Axel on top of that and we are spending a lot of cash

Forgot about Axel, don’t forget we have also lost Taylor and Elmo off the wage bill, soon to be Wes as well but most likely covering half his wages. Hourihane will most likely leave as well. Add Barkely’s wage and I don’t think the wage bill will be far off what it was last season. If anything it might be slightly less. 

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Indeed. So what’s yours? 

Many people are overly negative and pessimistic. Have amnesia about how players were good before Covid hit last season (don't know how much that affected some players for months after). Write off players that have barely kicked a ball. Like youth players until it's suggested they be integrated into main squad. Think that's a start

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1