Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Anguissa would be an astute signing for us. 25 so still quite young but at the same time, pretty experienced, and crucially experienced in the prem aswell. Could develop well here and would add some much needed physicality and presence to our midfield. Reckon there could be some truth in this one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Luckily, we've just acquired that exact amount.

While they don't scream major excitement, the middle needs to be solid. We have 4 attackers newly in the door add in these 2 and we have energy pressing skill power and players comfortable with the ball all over the pitch.

With the emerging youth players, mgginn,luiz,Nakamba el ghazi traore trez conner the midfield will be well stocked and could see 2 of el ghazi, mgginn, conner luiz being sold before the window shuts.

JWP stats are basically the same as Luiz, why would you sell one and buy the other for more??

• Like 1

I still think Deano wants to play 433 as JWP would give us a 4th Box to Box midfielder in the squad (McGinn, Sanson, & J. Ramsey), not counting Hourihane who probably will be sold before the end of the window.  

• Martinez/New/Steer
  • Cash/Guilbert
  • Konsa/Tuanzebe
  • Mings/Hause
  • Targett/Young
  • CDM: Douglas Luiz/Nakamba
  • CM1: JWP/Sanson/Chuky
  • CM2: McGinn/Ramsey/Chuky
  • RF: Buendia/Traore/Trezeguet
  • LF: Bailey/New/JPB
  • ST: Ings/Watkins

Outs:

• Hourihane
  • El Ghazi
  • Wesley - Loan
  • Davis - Loan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I still think Deano wants to play 433 as JWP would give us a 4th Box to Box midfielder in the squad (McGinn, Sanson, & J. Ramsey), not counting Hourihane who probably will be sold before the end of the window.  

• Martinez/New/Steer
  • Cash/Guilbert
  • Konsa/Tuanzebe
  • Mings/Hause
  • Targett/Young

Outs:

• Hourihane
  • El Ghazi
  • Wesley - Loan
  • Davis - Loan

I agree with all that but don't see AEG going as can cover front 3 positions

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like he's implying JWP is still our first choice but if we absolutely can't do a deal with Southampton, we're going to try to go for this "hard to get" foreign CM.

STRONG Central midfielder?!

Someone needs to tell these pricks the concept is outdated!

We need a good " positional play " midfielder!

troll GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Anguissa would be an astute signing for us. 25 so still quite young but at the same time, pretty experienced, and crucially experienced in the prem aswell. Could develop well here and would add some much needed physicality and presence to our midfield. Reckon there could be some truth in this one.

I'd be totally down for this guy, so yeah I'm all for the signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

No he said in later tweet strong central mid. Correa link is agent pimping bollocks. 

Haiyaaaah don't be so dirty!!

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

• Martinez/New/Steer
  • Cash/Guilbert
  • Konsa/Tuanzebe
  • Mings/Hause
  • Targett/Young

Outs:

• Hourihane
  • El Ghazi
  • Wesley - Loan
  • Davis - Loan

AEG out and Trez as RF cover? Hasn't one of his legs fallen off?

We're building a squad - I don't get the urgency from some quarters to offload El Ghazi (or Dougie for that matter).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

AEG out and Trez as RF cover? Hasn't one of his legs fallen off?

We're building a squad - I don't get the urgency from some quarters to offload El Ghazi (or Dougie for that matter).

Trouble with AEG is he's a confidence player and needs to be supported through his inconsistencies. Now fans are back in stadiums he won't get that at here.

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like he's implying JWP is still our first choice but if we absolutely can't do a deal with Southampton, we're going to try to go for this "hard to get" foreign CM.

Sounds like he’s full of shit and covering his bases.

If JWP doesn’t happen for whatever reason and we actually are in the market for a different midfielder he can start claiming he knew all about it when the links start coming out. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Clearly Nixon doesn't know shit. He is still linking us to Cantwell. Don't believe we were ever really interested in the cheap knock off Grealish! 

JWP is an easy link to make. Hard to get strong foreign midfielder, he's probably thinking Sarr.

Utter bollocks, knows nothing!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

Damsgaard surely

• Like 1