Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

21 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe, but I also believe if you have a strong sports medicine team, these things should be minimalists. The average person doesn’t realise that some people continue to grow until they are 26. 

What if he is a late developer and his growing was a contributing factor to the injuries two seasons ago? It is more likely than being a crock.

Could be true about the development related injuries, I'm not even remotely qualified to have an opinion on it! Either way, if he is a target and our people think its not a risk then fair does - it's not as if he is coming in to be 1st choice and relied upon, but I also assume he'd not be up for "trading benches".

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sooner or later the Quatar and Arab Emirates ownerships will fall as well. Praying for Newcastle that they don get the Saudis as owners.

If the Saud's come in The Abu Dhabi and Qatar lot will shrivel away. The Saud's are the ones with the big dongs politically and financially in the middle East. They'll buy all the players. 

We're going to have some weird untrue links between now and window closing.

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm thinking we either need a new left winger or a #10 depending on where we want to play Buendia and how good Bailey is on the left. The Ings signing, while amazing, kind of messes us up formation-wise. I don't really want to see Ollie starting out wide, and I don't really want to see Ings playing as a second striker or #10. We need a proper creative player in there, someone like Kamada. Alternatively, we already have Buendia, so we can play him there, and Bailey on the right. Unless Traore has a storming season and makes that RW spot his own. Good problems to have mind, but something about our balance makes me uneasy going into the season.

Kamada can also play left wing

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If the Saud's come in The Abu Dhabi and Qatar lot will shrivel away. The Saud's are the ones with the big dongs politically and financially in the middle East. They'll buy all the players. 

They’ll never pass the fit and proper test…..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

This isn't 2008 though, the max the Saudis will be able to spend is what we're spending right now. FFP drew up the drawbridge behind Man City.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm thinking we either need a new left winger or a #10 depending on where we want to play Buendia and how good Bailey is on the left. The Ings signing, while amazing, kind of messes us up formation-wise. I don't really want to see Ollie starting out wide, and I don't really want to see Ings playing as a second striker or #10. We need a proper creative player in there, someone like Kamada. Alternatively, we already have Buendia, so we can play him there, and Bailey on the right. Unless Traore has a storming season and makes that RW spot his own. Good problems to have mind, but something about our balance makes me uneasy going into the season.

Agreed. I initially thought Ings was being brought in as bench depth!

53 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Mate, you might be right on Abu Dhabi/UAE, but if you do some research on the recent  " crisis ", Qatar are ALOT more resilient than outsiders would know.

As a matter of fact, the crisis came about because Qatar refused to budge and basically be a " satellite state " and/or echo chamber. They are very much a stubbornly independent, and filthy rich little Peninsula.

They never budged, and every attempt was meant to undermine, isolate and " punish " them, financially, geographically, politically etc.

EDIT: Yes money wise, they are on another stratosphere, reread your post lol.

My " Qatar " bias kicked in before full ingestion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, you might be right on Abu Dhabi/UAE, but if you do some research on the recent  " crisis ", Qatar are ALOT more resilient than outsiders would know.

As a matter of fact, the crisis came about because Qatar refused to budge and basically be a " satellite state " and/or echo chamber. They are very much a stubbornly independent, and filthy rich little Peninsula.

They never budged, and every attempt was meant to undermine, isolate and punish them, financially, geographically, politically etc.

Genuine question - Did they not all kiss and make up recently? Or have I imagined it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Genuine question - Did they not all kiss and make up recently? Or have I imagined it?

They did, for the most part yes, I actually updated my initial response after re reading your post.

Relationship doesn't feel the same though and not sure if it ever will be.

There was alot of nasty and petty things going on throughout the whole thing.

It partially took so long because Qatar refused to yield to the demands.

If there was no US Base here... there probably would have been a different script to be fair.

They would have probs just marched in.

Probs not great for me to be discussing online to be fair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

16 games 18/19 with us

24 games in 19/20

Hip injury 4 games

Thigh muscle strain 11 games

Ankle injury 9 games

https://www.transfermarkt.com/axel-tuanzebe/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/342046/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

You missed the point made in the season with us that it was a stress fracture, stress fractures are loading issues ie over training caused the issue, that is not a chronic injury.

2 hours ago, KitKat said:

Could be true about the development related injuries, I'm not even remotely qualified to have an opinion on it! Either way, if he is a target and our people think its not a risk then fair does - it's not as if he is coming in to be 1st choice and relied upon, but I also assume he'd not be up for "trading benches".

I’ve coached for 25+ years it can happen through growth patterns, changing motor patterns etc there’s various reasons why injuries occur, and very rarely have anything to do with being a crock. Poor coaching and over loading the athlete can also cause injury.

I don’t believe he’s coming to sit on bench either, he’ll be direct competition for Konsa and back up RB should he come.

• Like 1

Haven't seen trossard linked to anyone, plays on the left and attacking midfielder, every time I seen Brighton play last season he looked very good , but the fact Brighton made arsenal pay 50 million for Ben White , might not be worth dealing with them 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Haven't seen trossard linked to anyone, plays on the left and attacking midfielder, every time I seen Brighton play last season he looked very good , but the fact Brighton made arsenal pay 50 million for Ben White , might not be worth dealing with them 

10 goals in last 2 seasons 66 games 4600 mins AEG 10 goals last season in 1600 mins. Trossard is average would rather have AEG who I still think is important member of the squad and don't think we're signing any more attacking players this window. Maybe CM most likely backup CB and GK

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They did, for the most part yes, I actually updated my initial response after re reading your post.

Relationship doesn't feel the same though and not sure if it ever will be.

There was alot of nasty and petty things going on throughout the whole thing.

It partially took so long because Qatar refused to yield to the demands.

If there was no US Base here... there probably would have been a different script to be fair.

They would have probs just marched in.

Probs not great for me to be discussing online to be fair.

If youre based in Qatar stop the discussion!

• Like 1