Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Arsenal are reportedly in a transfer tussle with Everton and Aston Villa to sign 26-year-old Spanish international Mario Hermoso from Atletico Madrid.

According to a report by Spanish outlet Fichajes, Arsenal are interested in signing Mario Hermoso from Atletico Madrid in the summer transfer window. However, the Gunners are facing some stiff competition from Everton and Aston Villa in pursuit of the 26-year-old Spanish international.… 

Finally, Aston Villa have also been in the market for a centre-back this summer, with recent reports pointing towards a move for Axel Tuanzebe. The eagerness to sign a central defender makes sense, though, seeing as Dean Smith has only three options at his disposal for the heart of his defence. And signing someone like Hermoso can be a step in the right direction to raise the level at the back.Hermoso will not come cheap, though, with Atletico Madrid likely to demand around €35 million for the 26-year-old. For now, the Spanish international’s stock just continues to rise and it will be interesting to see if any of Arsenal, Everton and Aston Villa can make massive strides in his pursuit or if he stays put at the Wanda Metropolitano.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/08/08/transfer-news-arsenal-everton-aston-villa-interested-in-mario-hermoso/

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

It’s also terrible when some don’t get their facts right because they’ve created a narrative on what they believe a player is. If they looked they would notice that the player was only reported injured  for 4 games of last years PL season and another 4 games where he was out of the squad, for every other game he either played or was in the squad, hardly injury prone.

He played 90 against PSG and 45 in  a couple of games in the CL he played in 5 of Utd 6 games, plus Europa league games etc.

He’s a squad player in the second best team in the country, but apparently not good enough for Villa, who doesn’t meet the injury prone narrative, laughable.

I quite like Axel but you must understand why people consider a player who has missed 60~ games in the past 3 seasons to be injury prone, right?

I would be reasonably happy if we loaned him with a view to buy - as long as it was optional and was done to allow us to spend in other areas - but I absolutely wouldn't bet on him being available to select week in week out.

That said, I believe Mings was considered "injury prone" to some degree before we got him and he's been solid as a rock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hard Tackle should be on banned list if it isn't already. Written by Tier 1 source Kashev Awasty from Faridabad, India lol

This is linked to outlet which is undoubtedly more agent pimping. Next!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We have some good midfielders, but when you look at the likes of Leicester who have Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumare, it does make me think that we are quite a bit behind. We have put together a frontline that could challenge the Top 6, we arguably have a CL quality GK, and our defence is very good too. However, there is not a standout leader in the centre of midfield, and it’s our weakest area by quite a distance.

Yep midfield sticks out for the wrong reasons 

On 06/08/2021 at 12:09, AvfcRigo82 said:

I did, I stated I wouldn't look too much into it.

We could say the same thing about Tyrone Mings at Bournemouth before he signed for us. Many thought he was also made of sugar glass due to his injury record there - yet look what a solid signing he has turned out to be for us.

19 minutes ago, KitKat said:

I quite like Axel but you must understand why people consider a player who has missed 60~ games in the past 3 seasons to be injury prone, right?

I would be reasonably happy if we loaned him with a view to buy - as long as it was optional and was done to allow us to spend in other areas - but I absolutely wouldn't bet on him being available to select week in week out.

That said, I believe Mings was considered "injury prone" to some degree before we got him and he's been solid as a rock.

Exactly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KitKat said:

Yes but how did he miss those games? If you break down the season, he only missed 4 games last season through injury, the previous season was horrendous I agree, but if you look at the season he was with us, he was out with a stress fracture, that is caused by overloading and not the same as being a crock.

He had one bad injury season out of the three, sometimes some context is needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yes but how did he miss those games? If you break down the season, he only missed 4 games last season through injury, the previous season was horrendous I agree, but if you look at the season he was with us, he was out with a stress fracture, that is caused by overloading and not the same as being a crock.

He had one bad injury season out of the three, sometimes some context is needed.

I don't disagree my dude, but if he was a car I was buying to get to work I might also get a bus pass too :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We have some good midfielders, but when you look at the likes of Leicester who have Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumare, it does make me think that we are quite a bit behind. We have put together a frontline that could challenge the Top 6, we arguably have a CL quality GK, and our defence is very good too. However, there is not a standout leader in the centre of midfield, and it’s our weakest area by quite a distance.

Completely agree and yet this isn’t an area we’ve seemingly prioritised. Games are won and lost in the middle of the park, I believe. When you win and control the central midfield you invariably win games. 

We need to address this to progress. 

4 minutes ago, KitKat said:

I don't disagree my dude, but if he was a car I was buying to get to work I might also get a bus pass too :)

Maybe, but I also believe if you have a strong sports medicine team, these things should be minimalists. The average person doesn’t realise that some people continue to grow until they are 26. 

What if he is a late developer and his growing was a contributing factor to the injuries two seasons ago? It is more likely than being a crock.

18 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

16 games 18/19 with us

24 games in 19/20

Hip injury 4 games

Thigh muscle strain 11 games

Ankle injury 9 games

https://www.transfermarkt.com/axel-tuanzebe/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/342046/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by Kiwivillan

10 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Holding out hope for an out-of-nowhere superstar midfielder to be announced so I can feel less flat about the upcoming season.

Basically like Barkley from last season, or at least what we hoped he'd be.